Cisco Router config

ManateeMatt

Limp Gawd
I am trying to figure out how to do this:

I want multiple external IP, if possible still NATed to diffrent interal ips, IE

Code:
External_IP_1 External_ip_2 External_ip_3
          \________|_______ /
          |___Cisco 3725___| 
          /        |        \
OWA server    WEB server  rest of network
   IP_1	          IP_2         IP_3

Something similer to that, now those servers can all out thought the same external ip, but for inbound i would like them to be seperated.

Currently they are all on the same subnet, and most of my servers are in my VMware test lab.

I really have no idea what to look for, but if you could point me in the right direction that would be sweet.

Just create a static route.

ExampleName(config)#ip route 172.16.0.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.150.1

http://www.joshgentry.com/cisco/cisco.htm

*Note:
It's been a while since I had to work with a Cisco router so I'm taking a stab in the dark, be forewarned. I'm thinking it's just a simply route issue. If this is wrong then I would hope someone corrects me.

Last edited:
You're talking about 1:1 NAT. Here's a sample config:

Code:
ip nat inside source static 192.168.25.21 25.43.29.19
ip nat inside source static 192.168.25.20 25.43.29.20
ip nat inside source static 192.168.25.10 25.43.29.21

These commands are mapping the private IPs to public IPs. So 192.168.25.21 is 25.43.29.19 externally, and so on.

Ok cool

Now to make things a little more complex, is this able to be used with DHCP on the Internet side? I dont have any static IP from my ISP?

Also just wondering, is it possible to use port forwarding with multiple external ips?

IE

Code:
External_IP_1      External_ip_2
          \________|_______ 
          |___Cisco 3725___| 
          /        |        \
OWA server        Mail    rest of network
   IP_1:443      IP_1:25        IP_2

Matt, you can specify an interface rather than a specific IP in the statements vito posted, just tab it out. It will then use whichever IP is assigned to that interface.

For multiple IP port forwards, the lines are similar to what vito posted, but you'll need to specify protocol/ports, again tab it out and you'll get it.

As far as getting MULTIPLE dhcp addys on the WAN side, I'm not sure how that would work...

I don't think using those commands with an interface statement will work like you want. In fact, I can't think of how to accomplish what you want. I've never seen 1:1 NAT with DHCP outside, it doesn't make sense to use it that way.

Use normal Static NAT statements and specify the outside interface:

Code:
ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.25.20 443 int fa0/0 443
ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.25.50 22 int fa0/0 22

As long as you don't have two inside IPs hosting the same service this should work fine.

Back