Cisco ( linksys) RVS4400's & VPN site to site

dashpuppy

Supreme [H]ardness
Guy's I have a vpn setup and working ( kinda ) it keeps dropping connection and I have to manually go in on the one side and connect it to the main unit.

I have one in town, and one out of town, both are on same isp, both work fine, I am wondering where I would start to look for this issue.

I thought there would be a auto connect feature or stay alive connection feature but I don't see it anywhere.

I can post any answeres that are needed. I hte manually going in every time it's down to click connect, witch is all it needs.

Dash.

In the VPN Setup is there some sort of keep alive option on either side to make sure the tunnel stays up. I know there is on the Sonicwalls.

Also do the users at a certian site complain of a small internet outage when the VPN drops. It's possible the internet could be dropping out

is there an Advanced Options on the VPN setup where that option might be?

tried to find the manual on Linksys/Cisco website and my God, navigating that piece of crap makes me want to stab my eyes with a fork.

is there an Advanced Options on the VPN setup where that option might be?

tried to find the manual on Linksys/Cisco website and my God, navigating that piece of crap makes me want to stab my eyes with a fork.

i couldn't find the keep alive option at all :(

Im at 2.0.0.2 and going to upgrade the units both to 2.0.0.8 this weekend.

Back