• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Cincinnati, the untapped folding resource

Scorpionjwp

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
2,094
I was out making a round to get more pc hardware, when today I went out to get my rack. I met a guy that seems to work for the same company I work, but downtown in the datacenter. Well we were on the subject of computers, when he tells me, he has 4 server cabinets and 2 racks with nothing but servers on them. What you ask, dual p3, quad p3 xeons, quad p4 xeons, dual p4 xeons.

So it got me thinking, I was once told by a friend of mine that Cincinnati, is a powerhouse of network engineers, pc techs and other that work on computers. About 4 Universities, and several trade schools pump out them by the hundreds.

So I came up with this math to help you understand what we could achieve if many people here in Cincinnati would be folding for the Horde.

Cincinnati+ powerhouse of network engineers, Mcsa, Mcse, pc techs+ Jobs around the tristate+ high pay+ houses+ $$$+ time to buy lots of computer hardware = mass loads of pc boxen or server farms that are untapped resources of cpu cycles


And to make several of you jealous
A 7ft 19" rack: $159.00
6 high quality Shelfs for rack: $200.00
Knowing you found a local guy that sold you a 7ft 19" rack with 6 shelves for $40.00
Priceless.
rack1.jpg
 
Nice score! Any more where that came from?

Only thing left to do is fill it up. What are your plans?



 
This same guy still has another chatsworth 7ft relay rack brand new in box, he will only allow local pickup of the item. I just so happen to get this Chatsworth relay rack with the shelfs with it.

My plans are to get the rest of the server farm into the rack, thus I will have more room.
 
Back
Top