Choice between Chips -- Need Advice

icitrik

n00b
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
36
I have a choice between a

3.0 that overclocks to 3.45

or a

2.6 that overclocks to 3.25

Which one would give me better performance?
 
Originally posted by icitrik
I have a choice between a

3.0 that overclocks to 3.45

or a

2.6 that overclocks to 3.25

Which one would give me better performance?

if they are on the same board with the same ram...id go with the 3.45 hands down....now if intel would unlock the multi's and the 3.25 was on a higher FSB id take it...but hands down get the 3.45
 
But the 3.25 is on a higher FSB

it's running at 1000FSB compaired to 230*4 of the 3.45
 
Originally posted by icitrik
I have a choice between a

3.0 that overclocks to 3.45

or a

2.6 that overclocks to 3.25

Which one would give me better performance?

If its performance you're after I suggest neither of those cpu's.

An A64 3400+ will give u all the performance & responsiveness you want or need.
 
Back
Top