Chiller

beheo2019

Bad Trader
Anyone using a chiiler now? I want to know if there is a chiller small enough to put inside the case or only the big unit outside the case from Hailea? I heard they use aquarium chiller but isnit the same thing?

A compact chiller just does not have the capacity to significantly outperform watercooling when the system is under load. What are your goals?

Im using the EXC-800 Portable 800W Recirculating Liquid Chiller, performance is awesome on my 9960X just need to maintain dewpoint. it is smaller than my desktop. Im sure it can be modded into the base of a large ATX chassis

Thats pretty expensive. The Hailea is only $300-$500 range but I want to knownif there is something smaller than it or not.

A $350 Haelia gets you 300 watts of cooling capacity. 300 watts is one high end GPU, let alone adding the CPU. Anything smaller and less expensive, you may as well just do watercooling. The Haelia are large for a reason, and that's to accommodate large fans for quieter cooling. A high wattage compressor inside the space of a computer case, and you're going to be running 2500+ RPM fans even if you have the equivalent of dual 480 radiators.

$800 will get you around 5kW range from S&A... you'll need lot of amps at 240V to run it though.
Looking at a project with one, if it happens I'll have to slap a block on and see what she can do during downtime.

Back