Chilled water setup.

frag85

Limp Gawd
I am almost overwhelmed with all the stuff out there for water cooling. I want to eventually insulate+chill my setup, like run the rad through my mini-fridge, but I don't want to go "all the way" so to speak with an extreme compressor style system.

I have an Antec full size ATX case (not a server case)thislooks like it.

so far I will probably end up with...

Swift MCW6002 CPU block.
heater core rad.(probably single 120mm fan)
maze 4 GPU. (anything better?)
Eheim Pump (1260? will I need something that powerful?)[EDIT: what about something like the swifttech mcp600?]
don't know what res yet, maybe homebrew plexi?

also, what about GPU ram blocks? I’d like to OC the vid card for what its worth once games start to challenge it. I am having trouble finding a place w/ any MCW6002 for Intels in stock, anyone know a place?

possibly thinking of going external for rad(like this). I have an old micro-atx case I may convert to use as a water cooling box instead of making one if I can't fit everything inside my case.

as I said, I will eventually end up running the rad through a mini-fridge to chill the water. I have seen this done before, any suggestions? or is it a waste or effort?

i have been reading up on water cooling for the past 8-10 months, but haven't seen anything that makes me want to take the plunge, except for not wanting to increase my voltage(past 1.65) to see if it truely is my ram holding back my OC. my computer gets moved a couple times a year depending on where i am so i guess that would be when i'd drain/refill the water in the system). one reason i haven't gone water cooling yet is because its already a pain to move a full size tower.

I'm running my rad inside a window AC unit. I just drilled holes in the bottom for the hoses and let it rest against the cooling element. It gets great results from a relatively small oil cooler as a rad. (2"x3"x10")

It'll be a PITA to move your case no matter what, even if you manage to fit the water chiller system and tubing all inside your case (which judging from the pic of the case you linked to is going to be damn difficult or flat out impossible without modifications...) the whole thing is going to friggin' heavy and you're going to have to be _careful_ you don't drop it otherwise you _WILL_ break something or some tubing will bust loose and you will be screwed.

Just put your case on one of those small cheap plastic carts like this so that when you have to move you're set. If you don't have enough room for that then I suggest you get a desk with wheels, it makes things sooooo much easier.

no, i mean like move, as in to/from college dorm, appartment, home ect... a few times a year, so i think if i go internal i woudl still drain the system to transport it, the system is already heavy enough with 2 optical drives, 2 hard drives ect....

i think if i were to move one of my optical drives down one notch, or get a DVD burner to eliminate haveing a seperate DVD drive and CD_RW drive i'd be able to fit something like a 77 Bonneville heater core up top, i've seen some nice setups with that. i may even get another case. i like some of the new cases that are out now, i originally got a full size ATX case for air flow and the antec cases had good fan positions, but i need MORE cooling after i get faster ram.

another option would be putting my HDD's up top above/in between my optical drives and put a radiator of some sort down there. i'd like to see somone's rig w/ a radiator up top w/ the top of the case cut up w/ a nice grill for some ideas.

alright, i'm lining up the stuff to build it. maybe i should just go all out vapo chilled!

Back