Chia PSA: Fast plotter available

That looks pretty good.
I am currently using a 5900X with 32GB ram and a 1TB NVME and get 18 plots per day with my system.
Probably get a few more if I was putting the plots temporarily on an SSD as it seems to take 45 minutes to move all 3 plots from the NVME temp to the destination drive and the plotting is paused while it waits to finish moving the plot.

So with this plotter, we can pretty much run multiple instances in different terminals and have all plots in progress use as much of the CPU as you assign them correct?

I'll try this out and report back, most of my systems are currently doing about 40-45 plots per day using the SWAR plot manager.

Windows builds are available here:
https://github.com/stotiks/chia-plotter

Tried it out on my 2x e5-2697v2 256gb ram server.

Normally average ~45 plots/day with it with stock chia plotting, no optimized chiapos or anything fancy. Just basic plotng management.

I made a 120GB ramdisk with imdisk toolkit (says you only need 110GB but I wanted to be safe). Ran the 0.4 build from stotiks and it took it 99 minutes to make a plot using 48 threads. I noticed for phase 2 it only used half the threads. I'm not sure if this is a misconfiguration on my end or just how it works.

Will require more testing, I don't think serial plotting is worth it for this server with these numbers. I do really want to try running this plotter with the same settings I feed the normal plotter through plotng. I think that would probably give me a performance uplift.

Will try 2x stotiks plotters in parallel, and also a single plot directly to ram with it. Just sucks to lose the days plotting but I'm within days of being fully plotted at this point even without this server.

I tested this on my 5950X yesterday, specs are:
AMD 5950X
128GB Corsair DDR4 2666Mhz
3x Micron 7300Max NVME PCIE **Gen 3** 1.7TB in Raid-0
Ubuntu 20

I have a few 980 Pros I can switch out the enterprise drives.... but not sure if I want to bother since the system works great as is; Initially I was getting 40-45 plots per day with barely any optimization in SWAR Plot Manager now I am getting 57 plots a day with each one taking 25.5 minutes or so including the write time to the destination folder on a SATA 3 drive.

PLOT_TIME.png

Back