Checking heatsink for damage

PinPickles

n00b
Hi guys, I live in Mexico. I ordered a heatsink (Heligon HE02) and it came with one of the fins a little bent. I know that's probably nothing, but is there anything else I need check on it to see if I need to send it back? Thanks.

Looks like top fin got mushed down a little. Just wondering if there is anything more serious I need to check for, like damage to the heatpipes or something. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20190703_192447.jpg
    20190703_192447.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190703_192235.jpg
    20190703_192235.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 0
Looks like top fin got mushed down a little. Just wondering if there is anything more serious I need to check for, like damage to the heatpipes or something. Thanks.
yeah that's just cosmetic. bend it back and push the connectors flat with a piece of hard plastic. not worth trying to return or rma.

I'll 3rd that opionj .. It's fine. Probably came out of factory all boxed that way.

Thankfully easy to fix with little to no chance of making it worse, unlike trying to repair bent fins on a radiator. That's a headache I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Thankfully easy to fix with little to no chance of making it worse, unlike trying to repair bent fins on a radiator. That's a headache I wouldn't wish on anyone.
use a plastic spudger, worked for me.

If you use fans in airflow restrictive applicatons, the NF-A12x25 are much better because of their much higher pressure rating, but on a cooler there is very little airflow restictions making it a moot point.

If you use fans in airflow restrictive applicatons, the NF-A12x25 are much better because of their much higher pressure rating, but on a cooler there is very little airflow restictions making it a moot point.
huh?

Back