Cheap Cases With Free Shipping! - ebuyer.com

Are you sure that is not in British pounds? That's what I'm getting and the links aren't working for me.

Make sure you set your cookie to the US site and it works fine. They are in US dollars from their US division when you set yourself in the USA.

case4zb.gif

They are pretty good. All the people I know who ordered from them didn't have any problems.

i just got 2 of the 145933 cases so i hope they come lol. what everyone think good mod potential?

OutInTheCold said:
any idea where we could find more info on these cases?

how many fans and what size, etc.

Yeah, that bugs me. They appear to be models made just for ebuyer, so the only way to find out is if you ask someone who has one. Pictures are way small, too.

I ordered a Silver case for $15.99 inspite of all that. Estimated delivery is long, I don't quite know why. The case I ordered yesterday is supposed be here the 19th (not quite two weeks) according to the checkout estimate. They've already shipped it, so unless it's coming from Europe by Parcel Post... Hmm... That could be it. Takes about that long to get something from the UK to here.

ahesselbein said:
Dang it....where do I change the cookie to see US prices?

Don't use those foreign links. Just go to ebuyer.com, then look at the cases. You'll see those that ship free.

I'd be wary of these guys. They're very non-responsive to customer supprt questions. The don't have an e-mail, but an online mailbox type thing. I orgered a case from them and it took literally 3 months to arrive. I'll never buy from these guys again. Sometimes things just are too good to be true.

hagenman said:
I'd be wary of these guys. They're very non-responsive to customer supprt questions. The don't have an e-mail, but an online mailbox type thing. I orgered a case from them and it took literally 3 months to arrive. I'll never buy from these guys again. Sometimes things just are too good to be true.

3 months!!!!!!!???? That's insane! :eek:

3 months? That's even worse than my estimated not-quite 2 weeks. I don't see it could possibly be that slow. They've already shipped mine. It seems they shipped it from TEMPE, AZ, US. I have no idea how that delevery date could be that far. I've gotten things from the UK as fast. Must be some sort of ultra-low priority shipping that UPS only offers it most frugal customers.

tom61 said:
3 months? That's even worse than my estimated not-quite 2 weeks. I don't see it could possibly be that slow. They've already shipped mine. It seems they shipped it from TEMPE, AZ, US. I have no idea how that delevery date could be that far. I've gotten things from the UK as fast. Must be some sort of ultra-low priority shipping that UPS only offers it most frugal customers.

it might just be a delivered by date... it's not necessarily an estimate of when it will arrive

I think it just means that you WILL have it by that date

I had something similar with Amazon.com once... the delivery date was crazy, but my mp3 player showed up in a reasonable amount of time

OutInTheCold said:
it might just be a delivered by date... it's not necessarily an estimate of when it will arrive

I think it just means that you WILL have it by that date

I had something similar with Amazon.com once... the delivery date was crazy, but my mp3 player showed up in a reasonable amount of time

Ah, makes since. It seems it's already to Lenexa, KS, which is just one depot away from me. Should get it tommorow or Friday.

Got my 'KG-188 Silver Case' today. I must say I am impressed!

The good:
Solidly built with rounded edges (very surprised at that!)
4 front 80mm fan spots
2 rear 80mm fan spots
4 external 5 1/4" bays
2 external 3 1/2" bays
5 internal 3 1/2" bays
2 USB ports and audio out and mic in side ports
Uniform silver grey in color
The glowing blue strip on the front cover looks very cool

The bad:
Screw holes (at least for the cover) aren't tapped very well
Punch outs for all the drive bays and PCI slots (par for the course on cheap cases)

The odd:
The front cover opens to the right (whereas the average opens left)
It has what looks like a retention bracket on the outside of the case but also has screw holes. Odd looking thing, I don't see how the retention bracket can hold down the cards. More about this after I install my old dual PII board in it.

All in all, it looks very good for a $16 shipped case.

tom61 said:
Got my 'KG-188 Silver Case' today. I must say I am impressed!

The good:
Solidly built with rounded edges (very surprised at that!)
4 front 80mm fan spots
2 rear 80mm fan spots
4 external 5 1/4" bays
2 external 3 1/2" bays
5 internal 3 1/2" bays
2 USB ports and audio out and mic in side ports
Uniform silver grey in color
The glowing blue strip on the front cover looks very cool

The bad:
Screw holes (at least for the cover) aren't tapped very well
Punch outs for all the drive bays and PCI slots (par for the course on cheap cases)

The odd:
The front cover opens to the right (whereas the average opens left)
It has what looks like a retention bracket on the outside of the case but also has screw holes. Odd looking thing, I don't see how the retention bracket can hold down the cards. More about this after I install my old dual PII board in it.

All in all, it looks very good for a $16 shipped case.

any chance you could post some pics?

mine should be here Tuesday... I ordered a different model, but some pics would be greatly appreciated anyway

I got My yesterday they are VERY nice for the price 15.99ea. But it is a regular old case for the most part. Two things i really like though are the front panel has bule leds in it where in the center of the door and it has 4 80mm intake fans and 2 80mm exhaust fans. it hold 5 harddrives, 2 floppys and 4 5.25 drives. for the price id give it a 10 out of 10 BUT if it were 29.99 instead of 15.99 it would be a 7 out of 10.

Now for the mods...........

I've got pics, I'll see about uploading them.

I found out the retention bracket doesn't hold in the cards at all, seems it there to keep people from un-screwing your cards at a LAN party, as the screw holes are outside the case. Speaking of which, this would make a great LAN box, fairly light, sturdy, and cheap. (so if you damage it, you're not out much).

Edit: Here's some poor pictures (better then the little itty-bitty one on their site). The camera's batteries were dieing, and this wasn't the best place to take pictures. I lost the pictures of the front lit up. :(

http://tom61.arcadecontrols.com/pics/16dollarcase/IMG00001.JPG - Rear shot
http://tom61.arcadecontrols.com/pics/16dollarcase/IMG00002.JPG - Picture of front fan spots
http://tom61.arcadecontrols.com/pics/16dollarcase/IMG00003.JPG - Drive side
http://tom61.arcadecontrols.com/pics/16dollarcase/IMG00004.JPG - Motherboard side
http://tom61.arcadecontrols.com/pics/16dollarcase/IMG00005.JPG - Picture of my foot and the floor? Oh yeah, and where the PCI cards screw in.
http://tom61.arcadecontrols.com/pics/16dollarcase/IMG00006.JPG - Picture with motherboard installed.
http://tom61.arcadecontrols.com/pics/16dollarcase/IMG00007.JPG - Another shot of my motherboard installed, this time with the card holder thing on.
http://tom61.arcadecontrols.com/pics/16dollarcase/IMG00008.JPG
http://tom61.arcadecontrols.com/pics/16dollarcase/IMG00009.JPG - these two are the best I could manage of the front LED bar, with the cover to the bar off. The bar is lit at each end by a blue LED on each ends, with little deflectors evenly spaced. Nice effect.

This reminded me of few points; The motherboard tray has protrusions that you screw the motherboard to. If you have a standard motherboard, these mounts are fine, and I only needed 1 brass standoff to mount my board. However, if you have a non-standard board, you might need to break out the Dremel and remove any that might short out the board.

The front of the metal frame is fairly flimsy wihtout the drive bay punch outs in, definately don't haul this around without the front bezel on in tight places, as it'd be easily damaged there.

dear god man even at $15 the case cost more then the mobo and cpus:). I wish i could get some more cases. I have no use for them. Cases and hds are like crack around here. Dont needem, never use em, but gota have new ones.

chrisf6969 said:
So do you work at Ebuyer, or do they just pay you to post deals on forums?
noob with 3 posts.... all in this thread... screenshots.... lotsa links..
does it matter? it's a good price, even if he only registered to tell us about it.

let's see you find cheaper cases :rolleyes:

chrisf6969 said:
So do you work at Ebuyer, or do they just pay you to post deals on forums?
noob with 3 posts.... all in this thread... screenshots.... lotsa links..

I'm guessing that since all of his links don't work, he's not a pro. Probably just a noob that decided to pass on a good deal. Actually, his name looks familiar, maybe his named got purged in the last clean-up and just now re-registered.

tom61 said:
I'm guessing that since all of his links don't work, he's not a pro. Probably just a noob that decided to pass on a good deal. Actually, his name looks familiar, maybe his named got purged in the last clean-up and just now re-registered.

Read post three and see my last paragraph.

This is still a good deal for US residents assuming everyone on the first go-around got their cases. Their prices have been lowered starting at around $5 per case plus $7 or so for shipping, So you're still looking around $15 per case.

To get to the right pricing, you have to click on one of the links at the top, then come down to the bottom of the page on the left, then click on the American Flag. Once you do that, the above links work correctly.

P.S. This looks to be the manufacturer:

http://www.casecom.com.tw/

These cases aren't free shipping anymore

However, their prices have gone down to around $5 each.. and for me, at least, they are only charging ~$7.00 to ship

Total cost NOW for the formerly $13.99 'KG-168-Grey"?

$12.42!

Found this thread, bought one of those $5.86 cases. I got the KG-318 Silver.

I immediately ripped open the box upon arrival and gave this thing a good twice over. There wasn't a single dent, scratch, or scuff on mine (lucky?). Two things I did notice my first time over though:

One, the front i/o was fairly loosely installed. The usb bracket was quite obviously a bit crooked (too recessed at the top), but that was no big deal. I just popped off the front cover and pressed the thing more securely into its bracket. Problem solved.

Two, they punched the back i/o plate, 5.25 and 3.5 drive areas into the metal, but the excess metal was still connected at a few points. I had to jimmy these off which caused a little bit of anxiety over the way that the rear panel gave while trying to pop out the i/o plate.

The metal in these cases is thin, I admit that, but I removed both side panels and the front covers and the thing isn't flimsy at all. It stands up pretty well. Now, if you go off standing on it trying to test its load-bearing potential, you might wanna expect some warpage, but for a simple isntall that is unlikely to support the weight of small children or dusty tech manuals, you should be fine.

The metal dose deform easy though. It's not hard to "pop" the side panels, but they pop right back out once the pressure's off. Another thing I find a bit wierd, but not really important is the way they did the expansion cover on the back. It's just odd, but its functional nonetheless. But to sum it up, I don't think these cases are very bad deals at all. Actually, I think they're quite the opposite. I can't speak for cooling, or noise, but so far I'm quite happy with my purchase.

Just thought somebody might like another hands-on impression.

I'd just like to say about Ebuyer. Its probably the best site for pc parts in England and ive spent over $2000 on parts from there and ive always had a good service. I have only had to return one hard drive and it was done with minimum fuss so i wholeheartly endorse it.

Ebuyer is great. I ordered 2 KG-168 cases from them last time and they sent me 3! (and I wasn't charged for the extra). Probably wouldn't have been worth it to ship back since they're so cheap, but I didn't mind ;)

Heh. I just noticed this thread was posted on the front page. Nice job whoever did that :p, all the links are now dead.

Xylene said:
Heh. I just noticed this thread was posted on the front page. Nice job whoever did that :p, all the links are now dead.

01-08-2005, 05:58 PM #1
Xylene
n00bie

It was also posted 6 *weeks* ago.

The deals aren't dead : the session'ed links are.

go to www.ebuyer.com and click on "Cases" -- and you'll still see the bargains.

Never had any problems with ebuyer, but I can't imagine how these cases can be produced so cheeply :/

NoMercy said:
Never had any problems with ebuyer, but I can't imagine how these cases can be produced so cheeply :/
5 lbs of scrap iron + 10cents worth of lcds + wire + 1 lb of plastic doesn't cost that much.

Laforge said:
5 lbs of scrap iron + 10cents worth of lcds + wire + 1 lb of plastic doesn't cost that much.

Neither does the 5 lbs of scrap aluminum + 10cents worth of lcds + wire in a $170.00 Lian Li cost that much. Hell - scrap Titanium only goes for $3 to $4 a lb here in Houston.

***EDIT*** Excellent price on the cases, still!

Back