changing OS language

Wisdo

n00b
im visiting china, and I have windows xp but I need to change it to english... anyone know how?

Do you mean you have a chinese version of windows and you want to change everything to english? Or just the way you type?

If you want to change everything to english (start button, program names, etc.), I don't think that's possible.

If you want to just change the type of input language, you can do it through Control Panel's Regional and Language settings.

now that is a tech call I would not want to get. "I can't seem to find the options button any longer...it's all greek to me." :D

Fonts are one thing, but changing 'windows' to a new language isn't gonna happen. There are seperate install CDs for that. You need to reinstall your OS with an english copy.

I'll stash that one away, is MUI for XP only? I'll look around, thanks, that one is new to me.

edit: well answered my question in the title of the link. I never saw this for 2k. Where the hell have I been?

This is also probably important, since it sounds like MUI is for english only.
"Does Windows MUI (set to a particular user interface language) differ from a localized version?
Yes, although functionally there is little difference. A Windows system with MUI will largely look and behave like the localized version, with some exceptions. MUI runs on top of the English version of Windows. "

You install MUI over the top of the English build. If the user is running MUI that has been installed for them, it's really hard to notice that your not on that countries build. BiDi mui even reverses everything, which gives me a headache every time I test on it.

thanks guys, but of course... im not using MUI , oh well, i'll find an english cd over here... on the street market somewhere... LOL and for like 1 dollar... thanks again!

Back