Center speaker placement

Mr. Wolf

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
7,162
I'm making room on my desk for a 30" LCD. I had my PC's center speaker placed behind my current LCD, but that won't work with the bigger monitor. So, I came up with this little arrangement. It sounds great, but are there any risks of damage to the center or sub?





 
No damage but you are way too close for the size of speaker and as such cannot get the proper (or near it) speaker placement for the centre.
If you are happy with it though, its fine.
 
Cool. I'm aware that my setup ain't exactly the most acoustically correct, but it does the job for me. :)
 
Why not stash it under the monitor? Seems like you'd get better sound that way.
 
Why not stash it under the monitor? Seems like you'd get better sound that way.
I tried it that way originally, but it raised the monitor too high for me to view comfortably. With a 30" LCD, it'd be even higher.
 
Sir, I envy your encores and upcoming 30" LCD :p:

I'm having an issue placing my center as well with my 32". I guess I'll have to fashion a bracket to mount it atop the TV. With the physically smaller casing of a 30" that might be a bit difficult. I agree about the under display placement putting it oddly high. Maybe make/buy a wall bracket to mount it on the wall behind and above the LCD?
 
I tried it that way originally, but it raised the monitor too high for me to view comfortably. With a 30" LCD, it'd be even higher.

Ah, good point. How are you liking the X-LS/H100 combo? I was looking at the same setup but now I'm waiting for an all-AV123 kit to come haha. Their sub ended up being cheaper and my room is too small - don't think I need anything more powerful than the X.
 
Ah, good point. How are you liking the X-LS/H100 combo? I was looking at the same setup but now I'm waiting for an all-AV123 kit to come haha. Their sub ended up being cheaper and my room is too small - don't think I need anything more powerful than the X.
I absolutely LOVE my x-ls/x-cs/H100 setup. I'm sure you'll be thrilled with your x-series system, too They're amazing speakers!!!
 
Sir, I envy your encores and upcoming 30" LCD :p:

I'm having an issue placing my center as well with my 32". I guess I'll have to fashion a bracket to mount it atop the TV. With the physically smaller casing of a 30" that might be a bit difficult. I agree about the under display placement putting it oddly high. Maybe make/buy a wall bracket to mount it on the wall behind and above the LCD?
I like your dark brown x-ls, too! I thought about trying some kind of wall mount or bracket, but am terrified that it'd come crashing down on my monitor one night.
 
Back
Top