celeron 500 wont oc?

i got 2x celeron 600's that may overclock to 1+ghz if you interested

Sorry man,just got my hands on a PIII 800/133..and after watching this 500 get blistering hot with only a 17mhz boost on the fsb im kinda trying to make the celeron a thing of the past.now if i can find my dual socket 370 mobo then ill buy them celerons from u.Now guys..what do u think i can get this PIII to turn? 140mhz fsb?? maby 150:D ..sorry had to have a lil wishfull thinking:eek:

celerons dont run in smp....but p3's do :), you need to find a abit vp6

Wish I still had that celeron 350 and see what kind of overclocks I could get out of it.

Hey Cornelius, I heard what the bus depot did to your cube case. What did they do, run over it with the bus?

Originally posted by acascianelli
celerons dont run in smp....but p3's do :), you need to find a abit vp6
Originally posted by silentnight3985
ahhh shit thats right..they dont do smp do they...hmm me thinks i need to stick to [1] rig at a time:D
the original s370 celerons did work in the bp6 in dual..
the celeron II's, based on the pIII core did not...which leads us to todays celerons..still no dual..
but the original celerons up to 533 did do dual

You won't get much more than 460 out of that P2 400. That was very near the limit of that particular core. I got my P2 400 up to 450 and that was as high as she went. As for the Celeron 500, that was also near the end of its core. The "Celeron 2" line started at 533 I believe, and the 566 was the next gotta have it bargain chip after the 300a. It was 8.5x66 so it was quite easy in those days to use PC100 and dial it in to 8.5x100 = 850. I had a 566 Celeron that ran for years at 850, the better ones hit 952, and some would go to a gig or more with good cooling (I had a gorb) :D

Originally posted by TBJ
Hey Cornelius, I heard what the bus depot did to your cube case. What did they do, run over it with the bus?

I honestly don't know. I'm getting it shipped back so they can "asses" it. :rolleyes:

Speaking about a 566mhz celeron I have one that I got up to 1ghz barely. In fact I still have that exact chip. Suprisely I only had to air cool it.

wow thats a damn nice OC man:cool:ill have my PIII 800 here in a few days,so ill be trying to get it to its max.

Back