• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Celeron 450 to core 2?

SuperCell

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
314
I think the celeron is just a stripped down core 2, but does anyone know if you can install a core 2 in the same mobo?
 
It should work.

What motherboard and which core 2 duo?

EDIT: If the motherboard is old-ish it can't take 45nm Core 2 Duo's but 65nm ones should be fine (ex: e6600).
 
sorry for the limited info, I'm just tossing around ideas.

I've got this slow emachines that I picked up for $300, so I'm not sure what type of mobo I'm dealing with I still have to take it apart.
 
It should work.

What motherboard and which core 2 duo?

EDIT: If the motherboard is old-ish it can't take 45nm Core 2 Duo's but 65nm ones should be fine (ex: e6600).

Thanks. I'm gonna get this thing apart later and see what I'm dealing with.
 
:eek:

$300 is rather steep for a Celeron 450 machine.

Is it returnable?
 
Go to www.cpuid.org and get cpu-z the motherboard tab should give you a clue on the mainboard. Seen an older emachines with celeron 440, 1gb ddr2 667, 160gb hdd with windows xp. It used an ECS 945GCT-M3

Your emachine being newer should have a better mainboard allowing for more possibilities
 
Back
Top