CD Drive companies..

rossordie

Weaksauce
Which CD Drives do you guys always go with? I am planning on buying a CD Rom drive and a RW burner. How is Lite On?

Pretty good, considering Sony is planning on using Lite-on as the makers of their new DVD burners.:rolleyes:

Seriously, my DVD-ROM drive and CD burner are both from Lite-on and I have had no problems. Mine don't have all the bells and whistles as the newer Plexors (their CD burners can reportedly burn a gig of data onto a 700MB disc), but they're pretty cheap. Check NewEgg and some of the other "usual suspects" for comparision.

I would think Yamaha, because they have the coolest technology with their CD T@2 thing. It's unfortunate that they're not making anymore CD-RW drives. :(

Lite-on is good overall and pretty cheap. Sony CD-RW drives ARE Rebadged Lite-on. TDK CD-RW drives use Lite-on or Teac drives. Plextor is a good brand if you're more into writing quality instead of speed. Another brand worth mentioning is Samsung. Other brands are Asus, Aopen, and MSI, but I don't know their quality in general.
For DVD-ROM drives, Pioneer is another good brand.

Note that MANY "branded" drives are actually rebadged drives from an OEM manufacture. One example is Sony CDRW drives = Rebadged Lite-on I mentioned above.

I just buy whatever's on sale. With the warranties and stuff from retail stores, you can't really go wrong. And all of them have some sort of SmartBurn technology and come bundled with Nero or something.

The DVD/CD-RW in my machine cost all of $ 15.

Back