[deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by JTY
A+ is a walk in the park.

in a wheeled barcolounger with 5 hot women feeding you grapes and giving you a peticure.

read: A+ is a joke

Im starting the CCNA courese right now, and I believe its at version 3.0 as opposed to version 2.x which was used 6 -12 months ago. From what I have heard the material (and tests ) are focusing more on the WAN aspects T1,T3, etc. And they go into INSANE detail about vlsm, and virtual switching. This is just a quickl glance at the differences, as I havent taken the 2.x curriculum I can't say for sure.

Originally posted by Flagg
Im starting the CCNA courese right now, and I believe its at version 3.0 as opposed to version 2.x which was used 6 -12 months ago. From what I have heard the material (and tests ) are focusing more on the WAN aspects T1,T3, etc. And they go into INSANE detail about vlsm, and virtual switching. This is just a quickl glance at the differences, as I havent taken the 2.x curriculum I can't say for sure.

They don't delve any deeper into WAN material than they did before. It's still the same (Frame-relay, T1, ISDN, etc). There isn't much about VLSM to go into. It's just a smart usage of subnetting in general. The 640-801 test isn't as hard as some make it out to be. Cisco did grab some material from the CCNP side though (read: OSPF, EIGRP).

VLSM is so simple that it's crazy. The people who say it is hard generally aren't very good at subnetting. Make no mistake about it, if you cant subnet...dont take this test. You should know subnetting like the back of your hand.

Not just for the CCNA, but just about every other Cisco test is going to make sure you know it.

I know a couple guy's who took the new test, they said there was stuff on OSPF, EIGRP, lots of routing protocol stuff in general, and VPN. I didnt hear much about ISDN though....though there werent but a couple questions about ISDN on my test (607)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back