CCNA - Practice lab

Ur_Mom

Fully [H]
I am building a practice lab for my CCNA. Would this setup work?

Code:
                                            --------------------Cisco 2501 Router-------Cisco 2503-----           
inet-------Linksys WRT54G---Cisco Switch
                                                  --------------------Local Network

Would my local network be able to access the internet, yet also be able to connect to both routers? I would have to put a static route in the 2501 to the 2503, correct? And then all the inet packets would be sent to the Linksys router.

Or, would it be better to separate it to 2 VLANS, and put a second NIC in my PC and just totally isolate the practice lab from the local network and internet?

I'm also going to add a 2600 series router in there and the switch will be a Gb switch (Cisco, of course).

So, my question isn't on what equipment to use (there are already enough threads and resources on that!), but more of how to set it up within my current network setup.

Thanks!

(although, I do have another question.... Why won't a 1924 & 1912 switch work for the CCNA? I know they won't, just never see an explaination why.)

I know that the 1900 series switches do not support port-security and STP, which is a topic covered on the CCNA.

Ah. Cool. I've been reading and watching videos on STP, now I know I need to pick up a couple 2924's. Oh well, I'm going to learn this stuff, not just pass the exam. So, it will be worth it.

Anyone wanna trade some 1900's for some 2900's? ;)

Back