Catalyst AI

Russian

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
192
What does that feature do? I have never bothered to learn it :( I have really noticed no difference with Catalyst AI off, on standard and on high.
 
Yeah, I'd like to get a good respone to that question as well

as far as i know now, i think its preloaded profiles for certain games which tweak performace
 
Its kinda old, but I found this when I was researching the same question.

Cliffs:

So what does this new "Catalyst AI" switch do? When enabled, Catalyst AI turns on some general texture filtering optimizations that rely on algorithms to examine textures and adjust features like texture filtering and mip-map bias on the fly. There are two settings: Low, the default setting, only performs some very basic and minor optimizations that won't have a huge impact on performance. The High setting uses a more advanced texture analysis algorithm, potentially providing even better performance. When Catalyst AI is enabled at either setting, it also turns on an application-detection scheme that looks for specific .exe files and runs optimizations for the associated programs. When the Catalyst AI feature is disabled, the drivers do exactly what the application asks of it, no matter what.
 
Back
Top