Case Replacement for *books

n00b
I got an iBook G3 900Mhz 12" last year for my birthday. Over one year of use, the case got all scratched and one of the rubber things in the bottom is missing. Would apple replace the case (for some $$ of course)? Has any of u done something similar to this before? Is it worth it?

I found the feet from MacShop Northwest, search for them they're easy to find and the feet weren't very pricey. As for the case my iBook is nearly 2 1/2 years old and it's not in too bad of shape, I'm sure you can ask them or eBay it and it probably won't be cheap. You'll probably end up putting more nicks in it trying to replace it than you have now.

you can have the plastics replaced but you are looking at around $500-600 so I would not waste that kind of money....if the scratches are not that deep you can get a plastics polishing kit and see if that helps...I have had mine for a little over a year and the scratches are just normal wear and tear...atleast the coloring is on the inside of the case so that doesn't wear/scratch off

Back