[Case Mod] Flava Formula

L4mka

Weaksauce
Flava Formula

Welcome all at my next project. Cooler Master asked me last year with offer to mod their Master Case Pro 5... So, why not? :)

I used it for project for ASUS CZ and liked it so much that I have to make one for me too. Therefore, this time not building the case, but edit and rigorous tuning of each part.

Color theme is clear - black and yellow. Red has been enough, I like yellow ..
Flava = yellow

render.png

Planning was easier this time because I did not have to invent a whole case :D As you can see on the render I planned mainly inside of the computer. I want the cleanest possible look - cleaner than in previous projects.

I want to do water loop exactly as in render - only horizontal pipes (I hope it will be possible). For first time I would like to use a bent tubes.

Materials:

Especially materials that complete the case.

- Steel
- Plexiglass
- Airbrush paint and varnish

Plan:

Edit inside with emphasis on a much greater smoothing interior and a cleaner appearance. The outer part of the case completely airbrush (still thinking about paint and changing my mind every day is different :D) in combination with yellow paint :)

Components:

▪ Intel i7 6700K
▪ ASUS FORMULA VIII
▪ ASUS GTX 980 Poseidon
▪ SSD
▪ RAM
▪ Cooler Master V1000
▪ Master Cooler Master Case PRO 5
▪ Corsair AF120 and SP120

As you can see, I do not know all components for now.

Everything will be watercooled, as always, for the use of water components from the two top producers - Bitspower and EKWB.

This project would not have been possible with the support of these wonderful sponsors!

prvni.png

As regards the actual progress, so that it is not more or less zero :D But! I already have motherboard and case at home. :)

5.jpg

img_0271.jpg

I will add more soon, probably I will make outside of case first and then through to the inside.

UPDATE 1

I have today the first update - first progress and presentation of case for this project.

This is Cooler Master MasterCase PRO 5. The latest case from CM. Designed for modders and people who like to do everything their own - "Make It Yours."
With the partial modularity oof this case you have many choices how to build your PC.

1.jpg

The front part is perforated and there is a possibility to place up to three 140 mm fans or 360 radiator like me :D

2.jpg

In the PRO version left side has window, right have not.

3.jpg

Back side is a classic with the possibility of mounting up to 140 mm fan.

4.jpg

What I like the most is this part for easy installation PSU :)

5.jpg

The lower part where is PSU is from the upper beautifully divided right from the CM, which I think is very practical. There are two slots for 2.5 "drives, and cabling.

6.jpg

Front panel buttons and offers two USB 3.0 ports and two audio jacks.

7.jpg

8.jpg

To the progress - I took the case to a friend who is devoted to painting etc. I recently built with him a sealed spray booth. The box is completely out of the film and is ventilated. The box has dimensions of 1.9 x 2.6 meters, which is sufficient for our needs.

Dismantled case - dismantled parts which will be painted and varnished.

9.jpg

Before painting was necessary paint everything with paint filler.

10.jpg

11.jpg

After spraying filler came a control spray.
And then grinding ... A lot of grinding :D

12.jpg

This look quite good, isnt it? :D Maybe someday ...

13.jpg

Parts are already back in the box before the first layer of gray metallic. We will continue next weekend! :)

14.jpg

UPDATE 2

In the next update we will stand for a while with the booth. We cut a little window 50x50 cm for easily looking inside. :)

1.jpg

And also there can be placed a GoPro camera :D

2.jpg

Regarding the case we painted all parts with gray metallic finish - it was also drama in store with colors to choose :D some nice gray we said, and vendor gave us a pattern and there was about 150 gray :D

10.jpg

After the gray came the "foil technique". Sprayed with a layer of black and dried by foil several times. In the end, it creates nice structure

With this technique we have the experience from last autumn, because we made this computer for ASUS CZ :)

img_2596.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

On the side panel will be simple logo. It will be yellow - white - black :)

7.jpg

The case is now painted at 100%. After the weekend we will polish the parts and I will continue with modding interior. It is like a mirror, isnt it? "Perfect" for photoshoot :D
bocnice.jpg

bocnice2.jpg

One last thing to a workshop was missing .. The holder for spraying guns :D 2 mm HQ steel powder coated.

8.jpg

At wall :)

9.jpg

UPDATE 3

I have not so much time for modding these days :( ... Normal situation :D Anyway the case is completely painted and is already polished :) Here are the photos. It was also really cool to took these photos because in the clear polished coat reflects absolutely everything :D

Complete case :)

0.jpg

The front part will remain so "free", but there will be a radiator fan and finally a bit of yellow :)

1.jpg

Rear side with the ASUS.

2.jpg

3.jpg

The front main panel connectors and buttons.
4.jpg

5.jpg

Although each piece was made separately the texture between different parts altogether builds nicely.

7.jpg

More coming soon !! :)

10.jpg

UPDATE 4

After completion of the outer part, I started working on the inside. I want it inside more smooth and therefore add further steel sheets which will have only those holes that are needed.

Last week I took case to a small HW event organized by ASUS, so at least I mounted the mobo, res and pump :)

1.jpg

Sheets, which will complement the interior. Mostly cover sheets

3.jpg

This sheet is with prepared holes for mounting res without screws. Originally I wanted straight combo pump + res, but finally I decided for this solution :)

4.jpg

Sheet fits perfectly.

5.jpg

Back side. Here I will have to do some cuts with Dremel.

6.jpg

From the bottom of the case, I removed the mounting position for disks ...

7.jpg

... and added a cover plate.

8.jpg

9.jpg

The second plate, yet everything fits perfectly :)

10.jpg

Sheet around mobo has prepared a straight holes for cabling - better organization of cables that will keep nicely their shape.

11.jpg

And the back cover from the back side

12.jpg

13.jpg

I hope in next weeks I will have more time to continue with this mod :)

nice work man! those integrated cable combs are a freakin good idea!

Reactions: L4mka
like this
UPDATE 5

Finally some hardware! For the water cooling. EKWB send me into this project their two radiators, pump and pastel colors for mixing liquid :) For their help they deserve great thanks!

Raditaror PE360 into front and SE240 into the top of the case.

7.jpg

D5 pump with PWM control - which is a great thing imo, better than a classic control on D5 pumps.

8.jpg

Two pure water which will be mixed with pastel concentrates. I took even one orange - I could possibly freshen up :)

10.jpg

I was quite looking forward to yellow, interesting color :)

9.jpg

Radiators are well treated and with amazing cooling capacity.

11.jpg

13.jpg

However, radiators passed the same finish - to match the case.

1.jpg

Their removal is quite simple, just remove the eight screws and disassemble radiator comfortable, which is great if you decide to paint :)

2.jpg

Basic gray metallic as well as on the case

3.jpg

4.jpg

After already known foil technique and finally logo carved through the template :)

5.jpg

Decent appearance

6.jpg

There are a few more photos of painted radiators.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Currently I have still a lot of work with another project but soon I add more! :)

Damn.

Classy work, my friend! Congrats on making the front page!

Literally one of the best paint jobs I've seen on one of these. Excellent eye and taste.

did you use HOK marbalizer to achieve your marble look? I've always used various thickness of plastic to get my marble effect. I like the idea of tin foil.

Damn.

Classy work, my friend! Congrats on making the front page!

Thanks man!! :)

Literally one of the best paint jobs I've seen on one of these. Excellent eye and taste.

Thanks!! I hope my project will continues as good as is paintjob :)

did you use HOK marbalizer to achieve your marble look? I've always used various thickness of plastic to get my marble effect. I like the idea of tin foil.

I did not use HOK marbalizer for it :) Just creased foil

UPDATE 6

Radiators are finished so I can start assembling them in case. First I decided to mod the front of the case.

1.jpg

360 radiator is the largest rad that can be placed in front position.

3.jpg

But around rad to avoid unnecessary empty space, so between the radiator and the fans will come this sheet.

4.jpg

5.jpg

These fans, I have at home and SP version (which better for radiator), but the appearance of the blades is prettier version AF :D I think they could have done it just fine. Anyway, those stickers have go.

7.jpg

Fans fitted :) Of course, not red, but will go into yellow.

8.jpg

Almost the entire front of the front.

9.jpg

12.jpg

The front part is completed by two plates mounted on standoffs.

10.jpg

11.jpg

More will tell you this render, as I imagined the front part :)

13.png

UPDATE 7

Rings of fans has finally got the yellow color. On some of the photos is not well illustrated color, but it's just as yellow as liquid (ie. nice deep yellow) and a sleeving cabling.

2.jpg

Also on the yellow-painted aluminum L profile.

3.jpg

Between the radiator and plate I put dust filter, which was originally perforated in front of the case.

5.jpg

After that plate itself. Incidentally, all sheets are already painted on black matte.

6.jpg

Installation of fans and tightening spacers, ...

7.jpg

which are for L-profile and two smaller plates.

8.jpg

Profile on both sides trimmed front and fine-tune the overall appearance.

9.jpg

The view from the other side. Input and output of the radiator will be at the bottom of the case.

10.jpg

But first radiator plate and the fans ...

11.jpg

12.jpg

and after that the front plastic.

13.jpg

And finally profiles along with two plates :) The front overall looks good imo, it surpassed my expectations :D

14.jpg

15.jpg

Next time I want to continue on the inside, not only with the installation of these plates, but also all others.

17.jpg

The second radiator EKWB SE240 along with fans ready for installation in the upper position.

16.jpg

18.jpg

When I will recycle the dust filter from the front, so I decided to use even the front grille as a cover. :)

19.jpg

UPDATE 9

Last week rams from G.Skill arrived. A total of 32 GB of 3000 Mhz. TridentZ are really good and look super, very cool design. They also offer them in other color combinations.

gsklogo.png

But watercooling is watercooling :D Here are some photos rams, before dismantling their coolers. Really amazing hiqh quality product

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

The original coolers are down.

IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

Classical installation of water cooling - the two parts, thermally conductive pads, and then 2 screws .

IMG_1646.JPG

IMG_1649.JPG

On this side, I put a sticker TridentZ, let's at least see which beasts are inside :)

IMG_1650.JPG

This week I will be doing the sleeving, something I already have, but I will upload it everything together :)

UPDATE 10

Cabling is ready! After two afternoons I put it together :D now just remain to put the sleeved cables through the prepared holes in a sheet around the MB. For the delivery of material to the sleeving I must thank Icemodz.com - Custom Sleeved Cables handmade in Iceland! Mdpc quality x-sleeving, tools and connectors are at very reasonable prices.

icm.png

1icm.jpg

Tools for taking out all kinds of connectors.

2icm.jpg

In addition, some connectors.

3icm.jpg

Crimping pliers very useful for custom cabling :)

4icm.jpg

A total of about about 80 meters sleeving in beautiful colors just for this project :)

5icm.jpg

Block for RAM memory, I was really not happy with nickel part in this project..

1.jpg

The inner part, where the water flows, I'd rather taped

2.jpg

After the third layer :)

2a.jpg

The block now looks completely different and fits into the PC much more

2b.jpg

Here is the complete wiring for the PSU.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I made straight connector to the PSU via 6pin :)

6.jpg

Another special part for this project - ASUS Maximus Formula VIII from ASUS. For me it's the best-looking MB I've ever had :)

rog.jpg

7a.jpg

Perfect workmanship including two (Start and Reset) keys that are nicely incorporated into the cover plate.

8.jpg

Formula = water block. This time, a very high quality from ek.

9.jpg

SupremeFX audio and lighting with RGB..

10.jpg

Backside also has its cover.

14.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Rear I / O offers great connectivity including WiFi card.

13.jpg

Boom! MB in place

16.jpg

Stickers on the sides of the new heatspreaders of G.Skill RAM memory.

17.jpg

From one side.

19.jpg

And from the other side.

20.jpg

Already some 90-degree fittings. Hopefully everything goes as plan .. Today I bought CPU, so next time I can continue with the water loop.

21.jpg

Somehow I played around and created this one :D But maybe I will really use it... more soon! I'll be glad for your feedback :)

22.jpg

UPDATE 11

Next step - graphics card. Everything comes together better and better and finish is near :)

Anyway, for a graphics card, the GTX 980 Poseidon, big thanks to ASUS! :)

rog.jpg

Card in a very luxurious design and also including hybrid cooler. But despite this I prefer fullcover block from Bitspower, especially in terms of appearance :)

1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

And up to the installation of water block! First, of course, take down the original cooling including backplate.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Then its easy - new pads, paste, and mounted the block.

2.jpg

The original backplate goes in combination with the block nicely, but in the case it did not look as nice as here on the table :D

3.jpg

4.jpg

The card slot. There is already seen some disturbing things - the card is not 100% horizontally.

11.jpg

That is why I have made such a support from the M4 threaded rod. I'd hate how the card is not 100% horizontal :D

12.jpg

Another thing was that each block looked different ... One shiny, second (VGA) transparent with nickel parts (which I already painted on the block RAM).

13.jpg

Therefore, it came to a painting

14.jpg

Both units are painted on a lot of dark gray - black up to be equal and matched to the CPU block and also POM top on the pump etc.

15.jpg

16.jpg

VGA block was no need to disassemble, just enough to cover up the G1/4" threads and paint

18.jpg

IMO looks much better :) more soon! :)

19.jpg

UPDATE 12

A little delay :D It was still necessary to mount the PSU and I also decided to use ASUS Fan Extension card for fan control

Installation of PSU into this case is very convenient.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Here are a few more photos of V1000 for which I want to thank Cooler Master!

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

And the very last piece of hardware this beautiful drive from OCZ (Vector 180 - 480GB), for which I want to thank them!

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

And small mod on the ssd :D After all, blue is not fit there at all, so at least this way.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Here is one in a million ways of connecting fittings of the CPU block and the connection block with the MB and RAM blocks. As I mentioned earlier do tubing straight and good looking is sometimes a bit of a challenge.

20.jpg

The winning option.

18.jpg

22.jpg

MB finally mounted into the case

19.jpg

Originally I wanted it as shown here, a straight tube and out of the closet, but it was not quite it.

16.jpg

So I did this, it has no purpose but it looks much better!

17.jpg

Current status :) As you can see I really do not much missing!

21.jpg

UPDATE 13

In these summer days it is difficult to be at home and make your computer :D But anyway here is my last update. Water loop, cabling - all done!

1.jpg

One of the last passtrough in place :)

2.jpg

Final check the location of graphics card.

3.jpg

And hooray for assembling the last couple of pipes.

4.jpg

Measurement of the corner joints.

5.jpg

After that came the cabling. First 6 pin PCIE

6.jpg

And then the 8 pin PCIE, also cable for cable stretch through the prepared holes.

7.jpg

Rear of the total adjusted state.

8.jpg

Half stretched through 99% done :D

9.jpg

10.jpg

Only such detail on the finished loop (pre-wiring). Filling soon!

12.jpg

Back