• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Carputer? Look.

Jedikid

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
197
Yeah so it's still in the process of the build ran into a few speed bumps, that's why I'm stuck at the moment. The actually look of the car is not done, I'm painting it the colors it should be. I'm bored so that's why I posting pictures of it. And can you guess of colors??

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg
 
Nice, however, you may need to reorient the board since the connectors are dead smack in the middle of the bug.
 
So, you'll plug em in in the middle and route them out versus maybe flipping the board 180 and maybe having the plugs exposed in the "trunk" ?
 
well when you open the trunk, that's where the power and dvi, audio connection, etc are. HDD and DVD drive in the "engine bay".
 
Hah! I broke down and spent buckazoids on a case when I could have used a model like that for a carputer in my car. Nifty idea! I would probably have had to use a lamborghini or something for it to fit under my seat, though...

If you are in college, chain it to something so it doesn't drive off. ;)
 
Well done. :p
The tiny shiny stickers add nice bling to the car. (esp. the stars) ;)
Can you "open the trunk" and take a pic? I'm curious.
 
okay update on my "carputer" i'm painting right now, but i'm waiting for it dry on the first coat then sand, few more coats of white and tape it off again for the black. What do you guys think?

The back of the carputer with the hatch up. All my plugs.
IMG_1565.jpg

Taped off.
IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

White Paint!!!!!
IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg
 
Back
Top