Cant make a new account in StarCraft please help!

GOD'SlittleSERVANT

Supreme [H]ardness
When i click on make a new account it just stays on the downloaing terms and agreement screen. Anyone know what the problem is?

Firewall or port forwarding, I'd imagine. Starcraft doesn't support UPnP TCP connections, and it's internet play over internet is patchy at best, seeing as it was originally designed with IPX protocols in mind. You have to forward the ports outlined here, both on your router and your software firewall.

^Yes, what banGerprawN said, and also try reinstalling and installing the newest patch from battle.net's website before you go into the game and update it.

GOD'SlittleSERVANT said:
AHH how do i do this when I have a netgear? Do i do all of that on the wireless computers?
Default IP address for your router (if it is a router, and not just a modem) should be 192.168.0.1. Type this into Internet Explorer, and your router's config page should appear. You may or may not be asked for a password, and if you are, default username should be "admin", and password should be "password" (no quotes).
Once in your router, depending on model, there should be either links somewhere saying something like "port forwarding", "virtual server", "port filter", "NAT Exclusion" or "DMZ Specify" (I can't remember Netgears off the top of my head). Click on that link.
Now, for each port that you have to forward (the range 6112-6119) you must set the "Source IP" to "Any" (or wildcard) and the destination IP to "Any" (or wildcard). Set the source port as 6112/6113/etc, etc, and destination ports exactly the same. I'm pretty sure you have to do each one individually, as a range is forwarded to a single port, which Starcraft is unable to process. Make sure all ports are open BOTH ways (in and out) and each port is relative to BOTH protocols (TCP and UDP).
Now, when all "Source" ports are forwarded to "Destination" ports on "Any" IP address on your local network, do exactly the same thing for your software firewall.

Back