Can't install games the 2nd time

Kraco

n00b
I don't get it, I can install a game and play it through with no problems. But once I remove it from my computer and try to install it again later on, it either won't install at all or it will install but won't play. Anyone ever have this happen? I've tried it in safe mode and even the program compatibility thingy, nothing seems to work. I just tried to install System Shock 2 again and it installs but once I try to start it, nothing happens. Any suggestions?

I don't get it, I can install a game and play it through with no problems. But once I remove it from my computer and try to install it again later on, it either won't install at all or it will install but won't play. Anyone ever have this happen? I've tried it in safe mode and even the program compatibility thingy, nothing seems to work. I just tried to install System Shock 2 again and it installs but once I try to start it, nothing happens. Any suggestions?

most likely it's registry errors, download registry mechanic, or registry medic... or whatever is the leading registry repair tool.

most likely it's registry errors, download registry mechanic, or registry medic... or whatever is the leading registry repair tool.

Downloaded Registry Mechanic and let it clean the registry, didn't help!

Its either an issue with your operating system which may need to be wiped and cleanly installed or its an issue with a possible cd burning program that may have been installed conflicting with a games copy protection.

System Shock 2 is a very old game... and if i remember it isn't compatible with XP the last time I checked... I *think* you have to download some sort of patch to make it compatible.

go to google and type in "System Shock 2 not running" or something like that - the effect of what you would expect someone experiencing the same problems as yourself to experience.. most likely you'll get yourself somewhere.

OK thanks everyone and I appreciate all the advice!

I'll work on the suggestion's and keep trying because I really like this game. If all else fails then I'll hook up an old computer I have and use it for my older games. Thanks again!

Back