Can't get sound from TV tuner in 64-bit Vista Media center...

Dew itt right

2[H]4U
First off, Vista is freakin' awesome! The interface is amazing and the compatiblity up to this point has been great. Just a minor glitch here. It worked perfectly in 32-bit Vista (Home Premium Retail) but I'm having a problem since I re-installed with the 64-bit edition. I'm using a Hauppauge PVR-150 (MCE) and I can get the channels and everything in the media center, but the TV doesn't play any sound. I did several other things in media center and the sound works great. But when you turn to the TV, the picture comes on great, but it's like it's muted. Obviously I've checked the volume controls. I've downloaded the most recent drivers and windows tells me I'm good. These Hauppauges don't use the external line-in audio cable either so there's no "incorrect audio port" issues either. It has to be some type of minor incompatibility issue.

Any ideas?

Have you tried it in Hauppauge's TV application to see if it is a Media Center specific issue?

Hauppauge's Vista Support Page said:
The Hauppauge WinTV2000 application has limited support under Vista 32-bit, and we are currently developing WinTV application support for Vista 64-bit

I tried and it's (WinTV) definitly not 64-bit vista compatible so I can't exactly check it that way.

Have you tried to record TV and then play back? Try to copy the file to another PC and see if you are getting sound there.

I have a couple of Hauppage tuners, the PVR-USB2 and the digital HVR-950 and both are working in an old Athlon 64 3400+ Socket 754 pretty well. Using Vista Ultimate 32-bit though.

Have you tried to record TV and then play back? Try to copy the file to another PC and see if you are getting sound there.

I have a couple of Hauppage tuners, the PVR-USB2 and the digital HVR-950 and both are working in an old Athlon 64 3400+ Socket 754 pretty well. Using Vista Ultimate 32-bit though.

Playback doesn't have audio either. Mine worked great in the 32-bit as well. Any idea which of these drivers correspond to the audio components of the card?

Drivers.jpg

check the back of your card for sound out put, put cable from sound out put into sound input of your mother board. cheap by pass. check your slider bar on the tv control to the left side.:D

did you get up daed driver from tv site vista drivers.

There are no sound out ports on this card, only input ports.

The 1/8/2007 (most updated to my knowledge) drivers are installed. This morning I tried installing some of the older drivers and I tried reseating the tuner, nothing worked. This really sucks...

It's got to be a Vista MC problem. I've tried all three of these driver options and the same problem occurs. I guess I could try sticking the tuner in another PC to make sure it's not the card. It worked fine in 32-bit and I never touched it between then and now so I don't know why it would all of the sudden become defective. I'll try swapping it out later today.

EDIT: Just threw it back in an XP machine and it works perfectly, so it's definitly not the card...

DriverOptions.jpg

Back