• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Can't detect SATA hdd after overclock

Strike

n00b
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
3
Hey Guys,

Am a noob @ overclocking, but just wondering if you guys can help me out here.

When I attempt to up the FSB, anything above the 200Mhz mark, the BIOS doesn't detect any of my SATA hdds.. Can anyone enlighten me, because I'm pretty sure I can get this CPU to 3.4ghz!

Thanks

CPU Vcore at 1.65v
DDR at 2.8v
AGP at default (1.55v I think)
Ratio of 5:4

Here are my specs:

ABIT IC7-MAX3
Intel P4 2.8C
Stock Intel Cooler
2x512 Geil Ultra-X PC-3200
Seagate 200GB 7200 SATA
Seagate 120GB 7200 SATA
Samsung 160GB 7200 SATA
ATi Radeon 9800Pro :)
 
yea I tried it at 205Mhz and the BIOS still didn't detect the hdds...

I'm pretty sure I flashed the latest bios like 1 month ago :/

Edit: yea the newest 1.8 bios flash
 
i'm not sure how u lock this..

Is it in the SoftMenu setup?

or another section?
 
if you have softmenu then you must have an abit board... its in there just set pci:agp ratio to "fixed" and it will solve the problem
 
Back
Top