Cant delete file from computer on Windows XP Pro

Mabrito

Supreme [H]ardness
I recently uninstalled BF2. Every month I go through my hard drive and just delete folders and files that I dont need anymore, and the folders uninstallers never get rid of. I have in the My Documents a folder under my name called Battlefield 2 then inside of that folder is another folder called LogoCache then another folder called forum.heroclan.net then inside of that folder a file called herobf2rank.png. Everytime I try to delete this file, it wont delete. I get an error saying "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk." So I tried booting in safe mode to delete it, no luck there. Then I try to get a program that will force it to delete, no luck there. Then I ran Norten System Works: Wipe Info Utility, once again, no luck there. How do I delete this file? Is it something very simple, that I havnt noticed yet, or is something more serious?

Google a program called Unlocker 1.7.4 or latest version and see if that helps

oldmx

OldMX said:
Google a program called Unlocker 1.7.4 or latest version and see if that helps

oldmx

OMG THAT WORKED. Spent an hour trying to get rid of that file, then post it here, and got rid of it in 5 minutes. Dont know why that wouldnt delete and how that was the only program I got it to delete, but as long as its gone, I am happy.

Back