Can't boot from S-ATA hd

digiram

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 27, 2003
Messages
1,675
gotta maxtor 160gb sata hdd, and I'm not able to boot into windows from it. When I turn on the computer, I get a menu to load 2 instances of windows xp. 1 is from my 100gb ide, and the other is from the 160gb sata. I have no probs booting into windows from the ide, but get an error on a black screen when trying to boot into the windows installation of the sata hdd. Don't remember what the error was though.

btw, this is on the system in my sig.

any reply would appreciated :)
 
umm, make sure that the sata drivers are installed(I think you have to go through the same process as raid drivers when installing windows xp), since I use serrilell I just booted up on ide, instead my silicon image drivers, then switched over to serrilell
 
I had the same problem when I got my 80gb Maxtor. I never did figure it out. So instead, I bought a 2nd one and went SATA RAID. That worked fine.
 
Back
Top