can I use a cd-burning program to burn data onto a DVD?

cyr0n_k0r

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a dvd burner, but I bought it OEM so that means no software.

I have an extra copy of NTI easy cd maker laying around, and I was wondering, if I went down and got some blank DVD's.. would the NTI program be able to burn the full 4.7GB of data onto the DVD.

or are cd burning programs only made to handle cd's and not DVD's.

yea, it really depends, Nero was a CD burner, but it will also obviously do DVD burns too.(well, the newer versions) So, like he said check the site, or look around in the program.

most definitely. Nero 6 offers the option of using DVD for data, I'm not so sure about 5, but i think I've heard of people doing it somehow. Try out the demo version of Nero 6 Ultra on the site and I think it's a decent investment if u actively transfer or back up large amounts of data.

Oh, just realized I didn't exactly answer the quesiton as it was specifically pertained to the software u have. Ack, gotta read more thoroughly.

Then as everyone else says, it will probably depend on your software and u should look it up on their site.:D

Nero 5 can burn data and video to DVD's but doesnt have any video editing features.

Nero 5 also works great with the free program DVD Shrink which I use for making DVD backups for my laptop.

I havent bought Nero 6 yet, is it better than the new Easy CD Creator 7?

Originally posted by BillyG

I havent bought Nero 6 yet, is it better than the new Easy CD Creator 7?

I have Nero 6 Ultra and it is ok, kinda bloated though and they fancied up the interface. I may go back to Nero 5.5 since it loads quicker on my slower machines and I like the look of the interface better.

Back