Can I get an email back in outlook if I deleted permenately?

nickal78

Weaksauce
I deleted an email in outlook 2000, deleted it even from the deleted folder so it is gone. Is there anyway I can possible retrieve it?

did you compress the folder?
Also if the option " delete mail from server or something like that" wasn't check you could retrieve from your mail server

edit: Here's a trial program: http://www.recover-outlook-email.com/
give it a shot , if it doesn't work i'll suggest something else

i really don't know, Im actually at work and an email I thought was junk actually has an important info on it I need. Where can I can check to see if it would be anywhere?

Here's a restoration freeware that works. The link is at snapfiles, and starts the download. It can find any deleted file that hasn't been overwritten. The program is small, and spyware free.

Do not use the wipe feature of the program, unless you like living on the edge. I almost hosed my install with it. The restoration feature works fine, however.

REST2514.EXE

^^ the thing with outlook is that since /all/ your emails/contacts/calender etc are stored in one .pst file, the file won't be missing so /file/ recovery software isn't necessarily helpful. i don't know how outlook stores info in the pst file. perhaps when you 'permanently' delete an email, the segment of bytes in the pst file are flagged for deletion but not actually deleted. when you are asked to compress the pst file to save space, then it would actually delete. i don't know how it really works though.

Back