Can I connect 2 80mm fans on the same connetion?

Darkside

[H]ard|Gawd
In the picture below you'll see the back of my case where I'm going to install 2 80mm fans..to keep the wiring clean I want know if I can put both fans on one connection to my motherboard??

I'm going to sleeve them as one connection when I get them on Monday or Tuesday...My board..EVGA 780i..:confused:

Thanks in Advance

dsc01287zc3.jpg

from the Powersupply yes, but to the motherboard..ehh...i am not going to answer that. I would like to know as well :)

e2g..thank for the input..I really want this Computer to be the "Cats Pee-Pee"..so I want to do it right one time..anybody else with some electronic know how..please chime in ?

You should be OK from the MB if the output capacity (watts or amps) of the connection is greater than the combined draw of the fans. The fan draw should be written on the label; the MB capacity may be in the manual or on the MB maker's web site tech spec.

However, if both fans are three pin, then only one of the fans can have the third wire connected. Both can have power and ground connected in parallel, but the sense wire (for determining the fan speed) from one fan has to be not connected. So, you'll have three wires from one fan and two from the other.

If you buy a fan Y-adapter, you'll see that they are wired that way.

Michael Daly:..thank you for your answer..I try this setup once I get my fan..

I was hoping somebody had this same idea/setup..so I could see it in action ?

Unless you're putting in two delta FFB screamers that draw an amp each, I wouldn't worry about it.

your other option would be pretty clean as well. The fans are literally stacked right below the PSU. And next to the mobo. It wouldn't be difficult at all to run the power/ground from the bottom fan and connect it as soon as possible to the top fan. from there stealth just the three wires up to the psu to plug in. on the fan, the side you dont attach to the case, there are still screw holes, use those for the cable management to keep the cables flat to the fans until you get to the top. from there just run them along the back of the case, under the psu.

here. i am bored at work so i drew a quick diagram. yes im bored so i drew fan blades.
assuming you sheathed the wires in black heatshrink, they would just about be invisible.

cablerun.jpg

Sesheron: Is The MAN..thanks for being bored :D
HAhaha..now this is what I'm talking about..THANK YOU ! !

I'm almost finish with the paint job on the front/bottom doors..I'm at work now.. so I'll do a lite sand on the painted doors tonight..here is a link to the Case I'm working on. SilverStone TJ03

Bought off Fleabay..for a song :D

Back