Can I change when things start to group in taskbar?

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
I like the feature in XP where you can group stuff together but I don't like how my IE window group together so quickly. Is there somewhere where I can set this number?

Download and install TweakUI from Microsoft. Once installed open it and go to Taskbar and Start menu->Grouping. You can adjust options for the taskbar groups in there. I believe that it is also possible to control it via the registry. Try searching on Google if you want to do it that way.

jamezzz122 said:
I like the feature in XP where you can group stuff together but I don't like how my IE window group together so quickly. Is there somewhere where I can set this number?

Don't want to crap on the thread at all, but just a suggestion; why not give tabbed browsing a go.

AchTuNG! said:
Don't want to crap on the thread at all, but just a suggestion; why not give tabbed browsing a go.

I'm with Achtung on this one. If you don't like the grouping of IE's windows then you may like Tabbed Browsing. There's lots of alternatives out there, Firefox being the non-MS one. I personally use Maxthon, which is based on the IE engine. I don't want to start a flame war, so try them and see which one you like.

Back