Calendar/Scheduling Program

McGee

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a calendar program for Windows XP that will allow me to schedule events, have pop-up notifications of upcoming events, etc. Basically I want to use it as a scheduling thing for exams, homework and project due dates, and extracurricular meetings.

One particular feature I would like is a transparency option where it can overlay my desktop in a bi-weekly view. So, I can still double click icons and whatnot on my desktop, and the background will still be somewhat visible, but the next two weeks' worth of activities will be shown on a section of my background. (Sorry if that doesn't make sense).

I've tried out Sunbird (although it was two years ago) and it's not really what I'm looking for, and googling for calendar programs doesn't really give me any 'recommendations,' just links to sites saying 'buy me now!'

Thanks!

/edit: I would also like the capability to check tasks off as "done."

Last edited:
Does Thunderbird have a calendar like Outlook? You could use that and just ignore the email component. Has a nice feature that reminds you of meetings that day etc when you open it. Wouldn't cost you a penny.

yeah, the Lightning Thunderbird add-on is supposed to make it (Thunderbird) become like Outlook (calendar and email in one client).

Back