Cable Modem Reccomendation

amenthes

Limp Gawd
I'm moving into an area where the only high speed option is cable. I've always had DSL in the past, so I'm new to the cable internet world and am trying to decide which modem to purchase.

I'm looking at the Linksys BEFCMU10, Toshiba PCX2600, or Motorola SB5120.

I have a Linksys WRT54G that I plan to keep in my network, for routing and wireless purposes. I'd like to ensure that whatever cable modem I get will work well with it, thus I lean towards the Linksys BEFCMU10.

Any recommendations, personal experiences, horror stories etc would be appreciated.

Motorola and Toshiba are both excellent. I dont have any experience with the Linksys.

It's also likely that your cable provider will just give you a modem. It might be crap, but it also might be free. I dont know if you just want to buy one or what, but I figured I'd let you know that you might not have to.

The motorola. I have a 5000 and it has been kickin for 2 years amid Comcast's screw ups. Best choice EVER!!!

They will give me one, but not for free.. around $65 for something they can't tell me the brand of (I believe its something like "Terayon").

Back