Cable guy is here right now hooking it up...

jctusmc03

Gawd
16/2mb cable internet.

My current DSL provide is ATT, and I'm on a 3/1 connection currently. I rarely ever get 500kb/s down, and 50kb/s up. So I'm pretty damn excited about this. Charter guarantee's 70% of the contract speed minimum.

What should I do with all of this new speed? :D

Edit: BARNEY STYLE:

They guarantee at least the minimum 70% speed at all times, you usually get 100% speed. Even if 53 billion people are on the same pipe you are on, you get 70% speed.

Sorry, I should have broken that down barney style I guess.

Last edited:
Charter guarantee's 70% of the contract speed minimum

There is a lot wrong with that sentence. If it's the minimum, shouldn't it, oh, I don't know...be the minimum?

As to what to do, download ISO's and host game servers.

We're putting 2 of our clients on Comcasts 105/10 package soon :) Pretty freaking amazing for 199/month.

There is a lot wrong with that sentence. If it's the minimum, shouldn't it, oh, I don't know...be the minimum?

As to what to do, download ISO's and host game servers.

They guarantee at least the minimum 70% speed at all times, you usually get 100% speed. Even if 53 billion people are on the same pipe you are on, you get 70% speed.

Sorry, I should have broken that down barney style I guess.

We're putting 2 of our clients on Comcasts 105/10 package soon :) Pretty freaking amazing for 199/month.

But if that is residential, it has the exact same 250gb cap as their bottom 12mb tier.

You can get 50/10 on the business end though for about that same price, with no caps.

Awesome. That's higher than I paid for, but he said it will burst like that occasionally, and sometimes Charter wont even control your speed for the bursts. They will just leave it at that unless you are downloading/uploading a crap load.

Last edited:

These lines are good... Though not a whole lot of servers can/will push you 100mbps

1284692321.png

EDIT: Ahh yes, GotNoRice is correct. If that's residential, which the price sounds like, that comes with a 250gb cap which you can hit in no time. You can get the 100/10 service from the business side for roughly ~$300/mo with no caps.

Last edited:
These lines are good... Though not a whole lot of servers can/will push you 100mbps

1284692321.png

Damn, that's killer shit.

Edit: Yeah, it is residential. However I don't download anywhere near 250gb of shit a month, or consume that much through games or anything else. So I'm okay with this speed. :p

Last edited:
Are you sure the line is good? A bad line can give crazy high numbers even on speedtest.com

I'm not sure what you are saying or implying...

That said, yes, I'm very sure the line is "good". Both in speed, quality, and reliability.

16/2mb cable internet.

My current DSL provide is ATT, and I'm on a 3/1 connection currently. I rarely ever get 500kb/s down, and 50kb/s up. So I'm pretty damn excited about this. Charter guarantee's 70% of the contract speed minimum.

FYI, 500KB/s (that's kilobytes, what you'll see for the rate in a browser's download window) is equal to 4Mb/s. Obviously 16/2 > 3/1 as long as the service isn't horrendously craptastic (even if it were "somewhat craptastic" it'd probably still be better). But your post seemed to imply that 500KB/s was bad for a 3Mb connection, when it's actually faster than rated. The 16Mb cable should give you 2MB/s downloads.

Back