I just bought the Logitech Z-5500s as an upgrade from my X-530's. I got allllll my shat together and pre-bought an optical cable for digital sound to my LCD HDTV/360 and it sounds great. The day I setup my new speakers I sold my X-530's to my friend, including that fuggin gaming adapter. Well it's like I have every cable except a 3.5mm-3.5mm. I have RCA's, 3.5mm to 2xRCA, but I still can't connect my iPod/Laptop.
My question is which of these is going to give me better sound:
3x stereo plugs -> logitech 5.1 adapter -> 2x RCA -> 3.5mm headphone jack?
OR
3.5mm headphone -> 3.5mm headphone?
I have been taught that the less conversions the smaller loss in quality, but in this case the stereo definitely beats a simple headphone jack.
My question is which of these is going to give me better sound:
3x stereo plugs -> logitech 5.1 adapter -> 2x RCA -> 3.5mm headphone jack?
OR
3.5mm headphone -> 3.5mm headphone?
I have been taught that the less conversions the smaller loss in quality, but in this case the stereo definitely beats a simple headphone jack.