bypassing game CD check

zarnold

n00b
I'm looking for a reliable way to mount ISO's of game discs so I don't have to change them when I want to play games. I'd rather not use a no cd crack because of Punkbuster (battlefield 1942, 2, 2142), and daemon tools doesn't seem to work too well. I have also tried alcohol 120 without success. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Why isn't Daemon Tools working out for you? It's always been fine for me. Are you using SafeDisc?

PowerISO I believe has a mount feature. I don't know if it's free or not. Other than these, I'm not aware of any other popular ones.

Do NO-CD cracks alert PunkBuster? Your best bet is to use one, since you don't have to store huge game images on your hard drive.

PunkBuster sucks anyway. Anyone into programming and really knows what they're doing will find ways around its detection. The only problem is if it prevents you from getting into the game.

thanks for the advice, I'll try out daemon tools again. Unfortunately, I'm no programmer, but I guess a compatible nocd crack would be the best way to go.

Back