I am looking to buy a processor that the seller says is open box/as is. They also state they cannot test the processor due to not having the right socket mobo. How likely is it that the processor is not going to work? From my experience, processors are basically the only part of the computer that doesn't fail, assuming the previous owner didn't overvolt the hell out of it.
Additionally, the seller told me that they tested the processor with an ohms meter to verify current passes through it. This worries me, as I'm not really sure what kind of currents a processor is supposed to handle, nor if the seller has any idea how many they passed through it. To save ~50%, is it worth the risk in your opinion?
Additionally, the seller told me that they tested the processor with an ohms meter to verify current passes through it. This worries me, as I'm not really sure what kind of currents a processor is supposed to handle, nor if the seller has any idea how many they passed through it. To save ~50%, is it worth the risk in your opinion?