buying a eVGA 6800gt: questions

jaguar

n00b
My friend bought a eVGA 6800gt and is planning on selling it to me for $370, because he cannot overclock it past 380/1050(I think those were the numbers)...he put it in a shuttle with a 250w power supply....I was wondering if this is a good deal, considering the problem he had...I honestly am not sure if there is a -huge- performance difference between 380/1050 and the 400/1100 speed of an ultra...I probably would have only set it at 370/1000 because I don't want it to burn out sooner...if someone can tell me if its a good deal, if the problem he had is because of his power supply, and if there is a big performance difference I'd be very glad...thanks

a ti4200, it'll be a big change for me...I honestly will be happy with it no matter what...just want to get some input on it tho to see if its worth the extra $60-80 to get a new one.

jaguar said:
a ti4200, it'll be a big change for me...I honestly will be happy with it no matter what...just want to get some input on it tho to see if its worth the extra $60-80 to get a new one.

More like 29 if you get it from www.evga.com.

And yes it's worth every penny either way you go. :)

a 250w ps, was probably what was holding back his card.

he would need an x800xt if he wants high perf with less power draw

dude this is a great deal, u def save at least 40 bucks thats cause the cheapest shipping they got on evga.com is 10$ and that is ground, so u get a great price from a friend for a great card (trust me i got this exact card and loving it) and once again u get it cheaper
:)

I have a 420w power supply, btw...I think that'll be good enough compared to his :)

Back