Buyer beware: Paul aka v_lestat

Status
Not open for further replies.

dababus

Weaksauce
In regards to the thread posted by Paul aka v_lestat, where he grossly calls me a troll and accuses me of dodging or tricking him, I would like to add more details to the story.

As we agreed, Paul would send his 3.0ghz laptop for the following items:

AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ CG REVISION
CHAINTECH VNF3-250 MOBO
2X36 GIGS WD RAPTORS
1X PROMISE SATA RAID CARD
2X512 MEGS OF PC 3200 RAM
EITHER 6800 GT OR X800 PRO

I happen to have to mobo and cpu and told Paul about it. He said he doesn’t want a used mobo or the cpu for that matter. So I had to buy a brand new cpu, heatsink and the mobo for him. Then I buy 2 raptors for him. Then I purchased corsair pc3200 ram.

Also Paul would never mention what kind of parts he wants. So what ever I get him, he says its cheap. He kept changing his demands in regard to whatever he wants every single day.

I got him a retail mobo brand new from newegg, he says its oem and worthless. I buy him brand new corsair pc 3200 value ram. He replies that stuff is cheap.

Whatever I try to get him, he keeps referring to it as cheap or worthless while indirectly implying that his laptop is worth far more than that.

I sold my Dell laptop and bought all the parts brand new for him. As I sent him the parts, I had no PC for a week, which I mentioned to him ahead of time. The laptop took over 5 business days to arrive. But he didn’t care whether I have a PC at all. So I was partient through out.

Once he gets the parts, he puts them together for the system. Unluckily, the cpu and the mobo didn’t seem to work together. He called me and left me a message. I got back to him and he told me what is going on. I checked on sites if there has been issues of that kind. Well, I did find out how to solve the mobile chip and the chaintech mobo issue. I told Paul what’s need to be done. He says he doesn’t want to deal with it. I told him let me find an alternative.

So I checked on the forums and I find out that a new bios for chaintech mobo is available which will let him run the mobile chip. I found a seller who had the mobo flashed with this bios and he could send it to a third party address in this case being Paul. But Paul refused to have it. I tried to explain to him to take this mobo for the time being, so he can get started. But he kept insisting he wants the K8N-E DELUXE MOBO. As again being Paul, he keeps demanding more and more, wouldn’t consider compromising. So I had to cancel on the seller.

Then I found a buyer who was selling MSI mobo which works with mobile chips right out of the box. That mobo was brand new and the seller agreed to ship to a third party address. I told Paul about it but he refused again and kept saying ASUS, ASUS, ASUS.

I relentlessly tried to help him out before I would leave town so in the meantime Paul has at least a working system and once I get back, I will get him a better mobo if he is still not satisfied.

But Paul decided he is going to wait instead. He could have had a working system in the week while I was out of town. He made the call for it and I tried to help him out.

Before leaving, I placed an order through Newegg for an Asus K8N-E mobo and Thermalright SLK-948U.

Newegg won’t ship it to Paul’s address for a CC order. So it had to come to my place. So I place an order and leave town. I paid my roommate the money to send off the package via Fedex or USPS once it arrives.

So I get back on Thursday night and found out that fedex came by to deliver it. But my roommate didn’t receive and it was left to my landlady’s office. She lives in Albany and she came on Saturday to get me the package.

On the other hand, Paul just grew even more impatient as he always is. He kept saying send it Saturday and he will paypal me the money. I said I don’t want it because either way you will be sending the chaintech mobo to me.

As far as the video card is concerned, I had a chat with him and he said he didn’t need it urgently. I had been looking for the card on forums since day one. I wasn’t able to purchase it back then. I told Paul about it and he was cool with that. I had posted stuff or sale on the forums and on ebay with clear intent to get him the card first and foremost. But recently he has grown impatient and accusing me ripping him off.

Paul you can never say that I tried to dodge you. I was always in touch with you on the forums, on AIM, on email and even on phone. In last couple of days, you have been extremely impolite and have been accusing me as a troll.

Through out the entire deal, I have helped you out at every moment and always made it my foremost responsibility to get you the parts. You have been over-demanding and never can make up your mind what you want. Whatever I offer you seems worthless to you. Whatever arrangements I make for you, you disregard them completely and would ask for more, more and simply more.

Besides, as far as using your name is concerned, if you keep using my name and pretends your name rest in sacredness or in his holiness, then sorry to burst your anonymity bubble. If you take off my name, then I will do the same for you. BTW, YGM, Paul. :)

dababus said:
As we agreed, Paul would send his 3.0ghz laptop for the following items:

AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ CG REVISION
CHAINTECH VNF3-250 MOBO
2X36 GIGS WD RAPTORS
1X PROMISE SATA RAID CARD
2X512 MEGS OF PC 3200 RAM
EITHER 6800 GT OR X800 PRO

Paul. :)

YOu agreed to these items and then he wants you to change it after he has it? Doesnt make much sense.

Super strokey said:
YOu agreed to these items and then he wants you to change it after he has it? Doesnt make much sense.

These were my offerings from the start. He always demanded get me this or get me that.

If I get him a card, then its should have this features or that features, if not, then the other card.

If I can't get him GT, then he wants a x800 pro VIVO.

If I get him a mobo, then it should have these features or that features, or he won't take it.

Whatever I tell I can get for him, he says its cheap stuff and would remind me how much the laptop is worth.

While, am getting him the parts, he would keep telling me that he just got an offer this laptop for 1400 bux.

So am like dude, why are you making me go through all this if you really just wanna sell it off for 1400 bux.

At least take this stuff as we agreed upon or just tell me you don't want any of this, so I won't waste my or your time either.

I did some trading with Paul and hes a good guy, he has talked to me about this deal the whole time its been going on and the other party is\was trying to shaft him. i got to see convo's and all and this guy above sux.....Lesson for u..dont trade if u dont have the stuff to make good on...

back and forth isnt this fun absar.

you dont get it do you dude.

you made a deal with hardware you didnt have and couldnt get.
the only way i got you to somewhat guarentee me that i was gunna get the hardware. was to hold this motherboard hostage.

what part of YOU MADE A DEAL AND YOU HAVE FAILED TO MAKE GOOD ON IT. dont you understand.

you need to read the thread i wrote out which maybe you did and maybe you didnt.

i sent you a laptop before you even had the hardware for the trade. that was my mistake.
now you think im going to send you back this motherboard before you even finish teh bloody deal.
kid you got another thing coming.

you get me the bloddy hardware you promised me and are deal is done.
i told you i would come here and tell everyone that you made good on the deal and i would send you back the chaintech. when you gave me the hardware you made a deal for.
you have not done that yet.
when you do,, this chaintech is yours.

you sent me a motherboard that DOES NOT WORK!!! you sent me a CPU that was a mobile chip,, i told you if you had told me that prior to making the deal i would have told you to stick it where the sun dont shine, but you reassured me it will work i just need a different motherbaord.
so supposedly you got a new mobo.. and i said id give you this on back..
then im sitting here thinking.. ya know what.. i already gave you the bloody laptop.. whats to stop you from screwing me out of the video card. ???
nothing is stopping you thats what.
so what am i to do,, send you back the only piece of leverage i have? ?? just so you can take another month if ever to get me a video card.

im suppose to take your word on it ?? no way.. not unless you provide me with proof.

you provide proof and we'll get this motherboard bullshit taken care of

hell everyone i even offered to pay for shipping so he could get this mobo shipped to me. but he refused.
what does that tell you. then he told me "go take a break and ill tell you when i ship it" what does that tell you. that says forget you paul,, ill send the motherboard and video card whenever i damn well please.":

we made a deal that he has yet to make good on,, and its been a month..

all i ask is that he make good on the trade. if he dont.. well.. then thats his reputatiuon not mine

oh and i read and replied to your emails,, i said. i would pay for the shipping of the video card, thats not a problem,, but you need to grow the hell up and realise that i having given you what we agreed on,, 100%.. 1 0 0 % you have given me 75% and you keep jerking around about getting me the rest.

i said in the thread,, i said in emails.. you make good on the deal and i will gladly give you the motherboard back and i will gladly inform everyone that you made good ont he deal.
but you got balls telling me to come here and tell everyone i was wrong to call you a trickster.. forget it... when you make good,, i will do that.
until then,, i will be sitting here waiting...

and if you provide me proof that you have the video card,, and you shipped the mobo,, fine we'll talk about giving you the motherboard back,, maybe.. but i want bloody proof absar.

v_lestat said:
back and forth isnt this fun absar.

you dont get it do you dude.

you made a deal with hardware you didnt have and couldnt get.
the only way i got you to somewhat guarentee me that i was gunna get the hardware. was to hold this motherboard hostage.

what part of YOU MADE A DEAL AND YOU HAVE FAILED TO MAKE GOOD ON IT. dont you understand.

you need to read the thread i wrote out which maybe you did and maybe you didnt.

i sent you a laptop before you even had the hardware for the trade. that was my mistake.
now you think im going to send you back this motherboard before you even finish teh bloody deal.
kid you got another thing coming.

you get me the bloddy hardware you promised me and are deal is done.
i told you i would come here and tell everyone that you made good on the deal and i would send you back the chaintech. when you gave me the hardware you made a deal for.
you have not done that yet.
when you do,, this chaintech is yours.

you sent me a motherboard that DOES NOT WORK!!! you sent me a CPU that was a mobile chip,, i told you if you had told me that prior to making the deal i would have told you to stick it where the sun dont shine, but you reassured me it will work i just need a different motherbaord.
so supposedly you got a new mobo.. and i said id give you this on back..
then im sitting here thinking.. ya know what.. i already gave you the bloody laptop.. whats to stop you from screwing me out of the video card. ???
nothing is stopping you thats what.
so what am i to do,, send you back the only piece of leverage i have? ?? just so you can take another month if ever to get me a video card.

im suppose to take your word on it ?? no way.. not unless you provide me with proof.

you provide proof and we'll get this motherboard bullshit taken care of

hell everyone i even offered to pay for shipping so he could get this mobo shipped to me. but he refused.
what does that tell you. then he told me "go take a break and ill tell you when i ship it" what does that tell you. that says forget you paul,, ill send the motherboard and video card whenever i damn well please.":

we made a deal that he has yet to make good on,, and its been a month..

all i ask is that he make good on the trade. if he dont.. well.. then thats his reputatiuon not mine

oh and i read and replied to your emails,, i said. i would pay for the shipping of the video card, thats not a problem,, but you need to grow the hell up and realise that i having given you what we agreed on,, 100%.. 1 0 0 % you have given me 75% and you keep jerking around about getting me the rest.

i said in the thread,, i said in emails.. you make good on the deal and i will gladly give you the motherboard back and i will gladly inform everyone that you made good ont he deal.
but you got balls telling me to come here and tell everyone i was wrong to call you a trickster.. forget it... when you make good,, i will do that.
until then,, i will be sitting here waiting...

and if you provide me proof that you have the video card,, and you shipped the mobo,, fine we'll talk about giving you the motherboard back,, maybe.. but i want bloody proof absar.

I sent you a brand new motherboard. I didn't know it that chip won't work with the mobo especially if it has the old bios.

It was my fault not to check with it. But I still got you exactly as we agreed upon.

I wanted to get you the mobo for the meantime so you can get started and have a system running and you refused it too.,

I never said anything about not getting you a vid card. I said it will take time and you agreed on it.

Back and forth isn't good kido.

Super strokey said:

i never agred and then changed.. i said get me this or this or this.
like the video card... i sadi get me a x800 vivo OR a 6800 GT which ever it dont matter. which ever you can get.
absar jumped all over this deal cuz he thought he was gunna get a 3ghz laptop for a bloody cpu and mobo and hard drives.. well forget it,, and he knew that right away that i wanted more.. all he had to say was paul,, no i cant do this deal like this. and i would have sold the laptop for cash. but he didnt he kept saying ok ok ok ill get that or ok i think i can get that.
most of this is my fault. so... now im making up for that mistake. but his mistake was thinking i was gunna sit here for a bloody month while he takes his sweet arse time getting me hardware whenever he feels like it.

you people and you too absar need to understand,, and i told you,, i put a $1400 price tag on this laptop. and i want a trade for parts close to that,, not 1000 or 900..

you promised me parts you did not have and couldnt not get,, AT THAT TIME.

suposedly now you have a video card coming next week. but this is the same bullshit i heard before.. its coming im working on it,, yada yada..

abasar i want proof.

YOU GOT YOUR LAPTOP ABSAR I HAVENT GOTTEN EVERYTHING YET AND IM TIRED OF YOU SITTING HERE FOR ONE MONTH MAKING ME WAIT. THE WAIT IS OVER. MAKE GOOD ON THE DEAL
AND I AM THE BAD GUY!!! GIMMIE A FREAKING BREAK!!!
WE MADE A DEAL WE made a gentlemans agreement and i have help up my end.. he ahs not.

you dont expect me to take a trade and in that trade are parts that dont even bloody work do you ? ! ! would any of you sit here and let him send you parts that dont even work ??

Did you even read my email.

I said I just bought a vid card for you and I haven't received it yet.

The seller has not even send it yet.

I just bought it over the weekend.

Please go back and read the email again.

For simplicities sake, I'll be copy/pasting this to both threads.

I have not read through any of the aforementioned posting. I've been hearing sometimes vague bits of information on this deal, sometimes descriptive portions of it from both parties for the better portion of a month. I really like to stick out of others folks business the best as I can, but in this case I introduced the two. So it's not like I'd be the one to say "Don't wanna hear about it, don't care." No.
All I can say is this : I've dealt with both of these folks before, and keep in touch with them regularly. From all accounts, entirely. They are both stand up invidivuals. Not a single bit of information has ever once given me the indication Absar is a troll, thief, nor scam artist.
And not once has Paul ever been unruly, impatient, or rediculous in his requests of me, in any of our deals. This is an awfully greasy situation, and I'd rather not make a soap opera out of it.

I'll edit and revise this when I do get to reading the threads.

absar i said yes i read that... read your email andthats great your finally getting a video card but its pretty bad the only reason you are getting that is because i came here and cried troll!!

and just so everybody knows.

the only bloody thing i changed was the mobo
CHAINTECH VNF3-250 MOBO DOES NOT work with the mobile chip. you have to flash it, in order to flash it you have to either buy a new rom ship,, get a desktop chip and flash it that way,, or pay someone to flash it for you.

so guess what i dont have the means for any of that. and the deal wasnt for a motherboard that dont work with the cpu, hell the deal wasnt even for a mobile chip.
but he and i talked on the phone, he calmed me down a bit cuz i was pissed , this hardware comes in and it dont work , now i have to spend god knows how much to make it work.
i said absar the deal wasnt for this non working stuff.
i told him absar the deal is off i am not making deals for mobile chips and half assed hardware that dont work or you have to mess with to make it work, i want my laptop back
HE SAID NO HE WOULD GET ME A MOTHERBOARD THAT WORKED. and i agreed ok i want a mobo that works. it was a utual agreement.

HE OFFERED to buy the asus motherboard,, all i said was i want a working motherboard.
i would be happy with a good motherbaord. one that works with the mobile chip. asus ? fine. asus sucks balls in my book but fine.. just get me a working mobo.
well boys and girls that was what ?? 2.5 weeks ago ?? 3 weeks ??? im still sitting here waiting for this motherboard to show up.

ok so he emails me and says he will send the mobo monday,, fine im cool with that.
i said fine ill send back the mobo when i get the asus.
then i sit here and think for a bit,, wait, why should i give him everything he wants and im still sitting here a month later waiting for a video card to show up at my door. ?/
you people answer me that,, why should i give it back to him until he give me the hardware we made a deal on.

what happens if he owed the bank omoney on a car loan / they would come and take that car and he wouldnt get it back until he payed 100% of the money he owed.
well guess what you kids... thats the same bloody thing here. he owes me,, and he isnt getting the mobo back until he pays up.
when he pays up,, hey im a man of my word and i have proven that to him,, and to the others i trade with here. he will get his motherboard back.

your not gunna smear my name absar.,. so try all you want.

I have one thing to add, you say you cannot get a 6800GT?

Ever hear of a store? a place of buissness that might possibly sell these artifactual items that you cannot seem to get?

U made the deal without the items, not only that, but you be a cheapass in trying to get them... Laptops are worth more then PCs, moron.

mike and absar have both been stand up individuals to me also.. outcompute123 more cuz ive known him longer on a personal level and made more deals with him.

but i am tired of sitting here listening to absars excuses about why he cant ship the motherboard. and why he cant get the video card....

he says monday for the mobo and next week for the video card. cool im cool with that.
all he had to do was say that.. and none of this would have happened,, but no he was dodging me almost refusing to ship the motherboard. and not talking to me.
a month is too long to expect anyone to wait. and he told me he didnt know when he would ever get the video card. wtf am i suppose to do sit here and just let him get me a video card which was part of the deal when ever he damn well feels like it. ??? ?? heck no.
let get this deal done and over with so we can continue on with our lives.

ill cross ship the chaintech motherboard when you ship the video card, i got no issues with that, but i am keeping the motherboard until you can prove to me you have the video card or you have shipped it.

when you;ve picked up your room you can have your desert. but not until.

God knows why people need to make new threads on one subject. Please people, just sell stuff for cash and buy your own parts, that way you get what you want.

why rediculous he is expecting me to once again give him something when he HE OWES ME!! why am i once again being put into a position where i give and get nothing, or only part of something.
why the hell am i suppose to be the bad guy here,, i gave him 100% what we agreed on,, he,, has messed around made excuses and everythihng for a month now..and still hasnt gave me the stuff.

so im the bad guy here... man,, people have a twisted sense of reality.
ive said all i will ever say on this subject. the rest is up to him. and then i will never speak to him again.
supposedly the mobo gets shipped tommorrow,, and supposedly the video card gets shipped next week.
ill just wait and see.

hmm. i've dealt with and actually met dababus (absar) and we had a good trade. i'm not taking sides, just stating what i know. i hope you guys get it figured out.

arguing in public isnt going to solve this, you two need to have a nice long chat over the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back