Bumped off Net every 2 hours

wolfsburged

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 29, 2002
Messages
446
I have Verizon DSL going into a Belkin (crap) router, and then to my various computers. For some reason I lose internet connectivity every 2 hours. Any ideas what would be doing this? I'm not sure if its the DSL, the modem, the router, or the computers...
 
Does it still show to be connected in your taskbar then you get 404's whenever you try to pull up a webpage? I had this problem a while back and it went away after I reformatted/ reinstalled XP. I never figured out the cause.:confused:
 
It doesn't show anything in the taskbar because I don't use the verizon program to dial up, the router handles that.
 
Your router probably has a timeout setting...see if that's set.
 
Originally posted by djnes
Your router probably has a timeout setting...see if that's set.

Yep that was happening to my friend the other week. It would disconnect him exactly every 3 hours (we sat there and timed it). We eventually found out that the router had a timeout setting that was set for 3 hours.
 
Where would the timeout setting be in the router? Would it be called that or some other obscure technical term?
 
Originally posted by wolfsburged
Where would the timeout setting be in the router? Would it be called that or some other obscure technical term?

Most likely where you set all the option's for the Router, you type in it's IP in your Address Bar and it should be there somewhere.

/IoWnZa
 
Back
Top