[deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you have your cluster behind some sort of NAT device, and you have your dhcp setup properly on said NAT device, you should have no problems.

I actually did this myself with a bunch of 486's one time. I had a master node that was the firewall/dhcp/dns/everything for the cluster, and was the only machine connected to the 'real' network...all the other machines were just connected to a switch, and the master node had a second nic also connected to the switch...

I'm not entirely sure how Linux's DHCP server works, but you should be able to tell it a specific interface to advertise out of - and as long as you aren't advertising out of the internet-facing link, you shouldn't have any problems. Also, of course, you can use the firewall to block that traffic going out for added bonus.

If your cluster is behind an NAT device, you can run a dhcp network for the cluster without problems. For a F@H cluster, I would suggest using unhappy_mage's Foldix. Can set up the cluster as diskless boxen then, as long as the NICs on them support wake on lan.

Keep on Folding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back