{Build Log} sNiPeRbOb's "MorderPanzer" {Build Log}

sniperbob151

Limp Gawd
So I introduce to the [H] Community my latest Work in Progress:

sNiPeRbOb's "MorderPanzer"

P9260975.jpg

I have used all sorts of sizes of cases over the last year, but as soon as I saw the NZXT Panzerbox case during Xoxides "quasi-going out of business" sale late last year, I new the time was right to buy.

My plans started out simple and innocent...

P2131242.jpg

but things have gotten... well... a little more complicated.

Hardware:
AMD Phenom II 940 (considering a 965...)
MSI K9N2 Sli Platinum (also considering a MSI GD70 board...)
4+ GB Ram
XFX HD4890
Corsair x64 SSD & WD 500GB Green HDD

Cooling: (here's where it gets interesting)
2x Swiftech MCR220 Radiators
2x Swiftech DDC350 Pumps
1x XSPC Dual Bay Res DDC
1x Koolance CPU340
1x Swiftech MCW60 + ramsinks
12x DD Fatboy 1/2 Fittings
Primochill UV Blue 1/2-3/4 Tubing
Tygon Black 1/2-3/4 Tubing
5x Coolermaster R4 Black/Blue 120mm Fans

My Goals/Ambitions
My ultimate goal is to create a small, compact gaming-capable rig with dual internal loops capable of keeping the hardware cool and quiet while maintaining a sleek and professional outer appearance that is not "Over-the-top". I think I am going for a "Sleeper" type project, where upon first glance the case will appear as an ordinary run-of-the-mill build. Only after glimpsing inside will one truly get the true picture...

Things will be coming together rather quickly, so I will post updates as things get done.

A quick teaser for you guys who like new hardware...
P3181550.jpg

:cool:

UPDATE!

The USPS was very kind to me today :cool:

What could fit in such a tiny little box??

P3181535.jpg

OOOOOH! Congratulations, it's twins! lol

P3181537.jpg

DDC350 jenga anyone?

P3181536.jpg

I already teased you guys with the SSD picture, but seeing as that was delivered today also I will include it in this update.

P3181550.jpg

For those interested in a minute Update, you may recognize this little LC hardware piece. Just got my order in from Performance PC's this morning!

P3191577.jpg

P3191565.jpg

Also got my Danger Den Fatboy fittings in! Finally I have a small army of fittings to take pictures of... lol

P3191578.jpg

House of Mirrors, anyone?

P3191583.jpg

P3191585.jpg

Here's the question for the general public; Clamps or No Clamps?

P3191562.jpg

P3191568.jpg

I have some other new hardware to document, so expect an update shortly :cool:

Reasons to use clamps:
1) You'll be able to sleep comfortably at night knowing your loops won't leak
2) You already have the clamps
3) They aren't too hard to put on
4) They're cheaper than compression fittings

Reasons to not use clamps:
1) They don't look as nice
2) Dissassembly becomes slightly more challenging

sweet i just bought a panzer yesterday... can't wait for it to come in.

The Panzer is a pretty cool case. I considered it before I got my A05. It was kind of a hard decision. I decided I didn't need the extra cooling (I may have been wrong lol).

I use to have the A05 .. it's a nice case.. but now looking for something new

Got some work done today on the DDC350 pumps. I bought OEM versions of the pumps, so they did not come wired for molex. Luckily for me, the Coolermaster fans I also ordered all came with Molex-to-3pin adapters :)

P3201592.jpg

I started by removing the ground and 5V lead from the female Molex connector

P3201594.jpg

And then removed the other side of both leads from the male Molex connector.

P3201596.jpg

Now we have to cut off the useless ends and strip the insulation off the wire

P3201599.jpg

SOLDER-TIME!

P3201588.jpg

hmm, is this 3-1 or 2-1 heatshrink? I couldn't remember so I went for it...

P3201589.jpg

AND... definitely 2-1 shrink, better go find my 3-1

P3201591.jpg

also, snapped some pictures of the new fans, Coolermaster R4 Blue LED 120mm fans

P3211601.jpg

P3211602.jpg

I like the blue! The blue LED i added to my case is too bright. You get yours off the egg?

Battled my way through some Sketchup Tutorials and got this crude and very preliminary design for a sidepanel concept. I am second guessing how large I made the window, and believe me when I say that this is a ROUGH concept. I hope to have a more polished design worked up so I have something to follow closely.

Just a note, the smaller rectangular opening is the mesh cutout originally in the sidepanel for intake for the PSU. I plan to leave that just as it sits.
panzerside1.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. Opinions/Comments are welcome and needed!

You better not ever have me over, you'd never get me to leave because I'd be mesmerized by it.

86, your screwed...

You HAVE to stop by to let me use your PT Nuke, which means you'll likely stay to hang out. Which means you WILL fall under the mesmerizing spell of the reservoir lol

BTW, I'm glad you've had my ADATA ram for long enough that it's even made it to your sig... lol

mo updates needed. still brain storming on mods for my panzer

Sorry for the delay everyone, Easter weekend was crazy!

Still catching up.

A long and overdue UPDATE is here!

Disassembled my PC and immediately got to work converting things for DUAL LOOP MADNESS lol

Mounted my MCW60 on my XFX 4890 along with ramsinks.
P4011660.jpg

Also did some mock-up work with my newly-acquired XSPC 220 Rad for the GPU Loop
P4011662.jpg

P4011663.jpg

P4011664.jpg

It's a squeeze but I think it will work :)
P4011662.jpg

Those clamps are used by VW on all their cars for the cooling systems. All the way back to 1975 to current...

Freakin awesome Sniperbob...I have a Panzerbox as well and am wanting to watercool my 5870s. Couldn't figure out how I was gonna do it with the PSU being where it is until I saw the MCW60 waterblock. I then went in search of anyone using it in the non-standard orientation and bam here I am. Not only did I find a kick ass answer, I found a kick ass lookin mod. My question for you though, with that 120.2 rad. at the bottom, doesnt look like the PSU is gonna still fit in its original location, what you gonna do about that?

If I may suggest, possibly removing the lower 3.5 bays and then orienting the radiator vertically...you could then technically get a push-pull type thing going on if you plan on putting a 200mm fan back on the front of the case.

Oh also, using the MCW60, it almost looks like you've gotten the card slim enough for a single slot fit, is that true or just the angle of the picture?

I have done some careful measuring before deciding finally where the rad will mount and I assure you that my current PSU will fit like a glove (barely though)

Had a problem with kinking in a section of tubing, so for the first time in my life, I now own two Bitspower fittings :)

Also decided to celebrate this occasion by building my own (Free!) photography whitebox. Now I know it isn't professional quality by any means, but I think these pictures came out pretty good.

P4101707.jpg

P4101708.jpg

Got some processing done on the pictures of the rotaries and here is the NON-pink/orange result :)
P4101705.jpg

P4101707-1.jpg

P4101709.jpg

P4101710.jpg

Stay tuned for a LOT of pictures tonight :cool:

To all, wanted to wait til tonight to post these up, but my impatience has got the better of me... lol

Latest hardware to arrive to my door (With much thanks to ExodusPrime1337 for assisting in acquiring this thing!)

P4141720.jpg

P4141721.jpg

P4141722.jpg

P4141724.jpg

P4141727.jpg

P4141728.jpg

AM3 :D
P4141732.jpg

P4141750.jpg

P4141754.jpg

P4141758.jpg

P4141756.jpg

P4141740.jpg

And for last my favorite picture of the day :cool:
P4141759.jpg

And for those that couldn't tell, I like macro :D

Damn looks good you should invest some time and money and get a DSLR, you have quite the eye for photography.

Lookin' good, pictures def. have an artistic flair. Curious, why not go with an 890 chipset motherboard instead? I don't know much about Gigabyte motherboards so im not sure what the 790 would offer over the 890 version.

UPDATE TIME!
really overdue here, but unfortunately I don't have too too much for you guys.

I'd like to take the time to recognize MNPCTech.com for their ever-increasing support for the modding community.

I have been in contact with MNPCTech over the last week and they were awesome enough to send me a set of their aluminum case feet.

These bad boys should really help me get the proper ventilation and airflow to my bottom radiator!

P4281776.jpg

Also got a pretty decent surprise for you guys... Introducing the new guy in town, MR THUBAN!

P5011779.jpg

P5011781.jpg

P5011784.jpg

P5011785.jpg

My plans are to get the case feet mounted and the sidewindow cut by the end of next week. Also wondering whether or not I should do push/pull on the top rad for the sake of the new 1090T... Input is welcome.

Stay tuned America!

Last edited:
teaser!

BACK FROM THE DEAD!

I've been using this rig daily for about a year now... and have completely forgot about the build-logs I had up on various PC forums (have been caught up in the Jeep World...)

an older picture if things all buttoned up
P5201840.jpg

I will try to snap some current pics in the next week!

Back