I've been using speakers in place of my headphones more and more of late, but the ones I'm using ATM are bloodcurdlingly horrendous. Apple seriously needs to work on improving the sound quality of the Macbook's speakers...
Anyway, my budget is > $250. I don't have room for a surround sound system. I have enough space for a couple bookshelf speakers, a sub, and a receiver. My room is pretty big, it's just that my desk space is limited. My music tastes are pretty standard, punk, metal, industrial rock, a little sceamo every now and then, ect. For the first couple months, I'll have these speakers hooked up to my laptop. They'll be switched to the PC after I transfer all my music over to it and I get a good sounds card, like the X-Meridian, or possibly a Prelude, depending on the price.
I'm not too sure about my options. I was thinking about just getting an all in one system, like the Logitech Z-2300. It's a pretty cheap (~$100), setup would be a breeze, and from everything I've read, the quality is pretty decent. Or, I could buy a pair of regular speakers, like these, and get a receiver. The audio quality would (hopefully) be better, and I would be getting much more powerful speakers. Although the setup would be alot harder, I know next to nothing about recievers, and it would cost a whole lot more.
So, thoughts? Recommendations?
Anyway, my budget is > $250. I don't have room for a surround sound system. I have enough space for a couple bookshelf speakers, a sub, and a receiver. My room is pretty big, it's just that my desk space is limited. My music tastes are pretty standard, punk, metal, industrial rock, a little sceamo every now and then, ect. For the first couple months, I'll have these speakers hooked up to my laptop. They'll be switched to the PC after I transfer all my music over to it and I get a good sounds card, like the X-Meridian, or possibly a Prelude, depending on the price.
I'm not too sure about my options. I was thinking about just getting an all in one system, like the Logitech Z-2300. It's a pretty cheap (~$100), setup would be a breeze, and from everything I've read, the quality is pretty decent. Or, I could buy a pair of regular speakers, like these, and get a receiver. The audio quality would (hopefully) be better, and I would be getting much more powerful speakers. Although the setup would be alot harder, I know next to nothing about recievers, and it would cost a whole lot more.
So, thoughts? Recommendations?