BSEL MOD Help

Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
57
did the BSEL MOD, but i am not getting any show in BIOS, i did the 1333fsb version and it was done with aluminum foil tape (yes its aluminum both sides) w/correct placement.

any suggestions?
 
I have a e4300 bsel modded to from 800 to 1066 and it worked fine on my old board at the 1066 fsb, but when I put it on my gigabyte board the board would not even post. The board works fine with non-bsel modded chips, so it'd not like it's DOA. I've since read that many gigabyte boards use the cpu microcode id as well as the bsel pins to determine proper cpu frequency. So my guess is my board saw "e4300" in the chip id and knew it should be 800fsb, but read that the bsel pins signaled for 1066, so it decided to fail post, since it could find no cpu in it's support list that was "e4300" and "1066fsb." So on these boards if you have a config that doesn't fully match any cpu in the support list, you're SOL.
 
Back
Top