Browser Speed Comparisons

what kind of replies are you expecting? I use firefox, because i feel its a lot more reliable on loading the pages

Reliable?

www.asetek.com

jaykay :p I less than three nearly all browsers. As long as I can get mouse gestures installed I find firefox tolerable.

Long live Opera!

the problem in that/many examples isn't the browser, but whichever idiot coded the website.

i don't know how it is under windows, but for linux opera for me is noticably levels worse than firefox

Very odd. We have fairly comprable systems, MTB2, and I notice near no difference in either OS. Slower loading times (3-5 secs), but that applies to Firefox as well. Epiphany is also slow to start up.

What sort of connection do you have? I'm running 4Mbps/512kbps

MTB2Live said:
the problem in that/many examples isn't the browser, but whichever idiot coded the website.

i don't know how it is under windows, but for linux opera for me is noticably levels worse than firefox
This is absolutely correct. Opera gets the "fastest" self-entitlement because it summarily ignores code Moz and IE do not, and is even more picky about what it will render properly.

Opera is a fine browser. However, for technical merits, it doesn't compare to Moz or IE. It takes shortcuts.

Back