• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Browser-based mouse polling rate tester — looking for feedback

Ryan Marsh

n00b
Joined
Oct 1, 2026
Messages
1
Posted with approval from FrgMstr.

Hi everyone — I’m the developer of MousePollingRateTest:
https://mousepollingratetest.com/

I’m looking for feedback on how the tool behaves across different mice and browsers. It’s free to use, with no download or signup required.

The test measures mouse movement events received by the browser. It shows the average event rate, the lowest complete 500 ms window rate, and additional timing metrics when the captured data supports them.

A limitation upfront: this does not directly measure USB polling or end-to-end input latency. Browser event delivery, timestamp precision, and OS processing can affect the results, especially at higher polling rates. A low browser reading alone doesn’t establish that something is wrong with the mouse.

If you’re willing to try it, please move continuously during the test and share:

- Mouse model and wired/wireless connection
- Configured polling rate and DPI
- OS and browser version
- Results from repeated runs
- Any desktop testing tool used for comparison

I’m particularly interested in unexpected results, differences between browsers, and cases where the tool cannot provide sufficient timing detail.

Questions or criticism of the measurement method are welcome. I’ll follow up here and investigate reported issues.
 
Back
Top