Broken temp Diode?

Arcygenical

Fully [H]
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
25,066
Hey guys, just a quick question... I recently installed a watercooling setup for my 3800+ X2 system, and afterwards... the temperature diode for the CPU is reading -48c. That's for both of the cores in the CPU as well. Any idea what I can do to fix this, would resetting the CMOS battery help (I'd try it, but It's frigging difficult to reach that jumper with the pump and rad in the way!). Just to clear things up, I'ts registered as -48 in both the bios, and in windows with speedfan and MBM. Thanks alot, and merry christmas :)
 
odd one

what board ? search for your board model on google see if anyone has had the same prob, maybe a bios issue


D

P.S. if you want to reset bios why not just use the jumper ?
 
Well it's an Asrock Dual Sata2 939 board. I don't think Its a bios issue as the computer worked fine for ~3 months before it got screwy (literally an hour to install the watercooling loop and it stopped working). About the jumper :p It's behind the majority of my cooling setup, so to reset the bios I'll need to remove most of the loop (I definitely need to rig up a switch to let me reset it w/o having to do all that...) But I'll try it tomorrow morning, after I get my comp back to my room without waking the roomates up. Thanks for the reply.
 
Arcygenical said:
Well it's an Asrock Dual Sata2 939 board. I don't think Its a bios issue as the computer worked fine for ~3 months before it got screwy (literally an hour to install the watercooling loop and it stopped working). About the jumper :p It's behind the majority of my cooling setup, so to reset the bios I'll need to remove most of the loop (I definitely need to rig up a switch to let me reset it w/o having to do all that...) But I'll try it tomorrow morning, after I get my comp back to my room without waking the roomates up. Thanks for the reply.

well dunno man, if it were me Id remove the water setup and see if it goes back to normal

D
 
Back
Top