[BREAKING]new apple powermac g5[BRACKET][56k go use a pc]

Status
Not open for further replies.

esr2

[H]ard|Gawd
so i just got a news report from my contact in apple that they will be upgrading the specs (computer details for the neophytes) for the PowerMac G5. they'll now all be coming with 768mb of ddr500 ecc registered ram and upping the proc speed to 2.3, 2.7 and 3.0 respectively.

and the final detail which literally had me drooling, was the BRAND NEW 16x dual layer dvd burners, the first of its kind.

i know you are all excited for these new features. if you have any questions regarding the new powermacs that you want me to ask my contact, feel free to pm me.

This sounds like a lie. I can't think of a configuration in which 768MB of ram would work in dual channel. Not just that but DDR spec doesn't cover 500Mhz so I can't see Apple using it.

MrJohnson said:
This sounds like a lie. I can't think of a configuration in which 768MB of ram would work in dual channel. Not just that but DDR spec doesn't cover 500Mhz so I can't see Apple using it.
apple is very unique and revolutionary which is why they are specing it with 768mb, paradigm breaking so to speak. actually the ddr spec ddr500 has been available for quite some time, take a trip over to newegg and you'll find ddr500 by many memory manufacturers.

esr2 said:
apple is very unique and revolutionary which is why they are specing it with 768mb, paradigm breaking so to speak. actually the ddr spec ddr500 has been available for quite some time, take a trip over to newegg and you'll find ddr500 by many memory manufacturers.

That would requite either (2x)384MB Ram sticks, or (4x)192MB Ram sticks. Neither of which exist.

Also, the DDR1 Spec does not support 500Mhz ram. 500Mhz ram is just simply 400Mhz ram which is overclocked.

768MB would be possible in a dual channel configuration.

2 x 128MB
2 x 256 MB

Also, rumor has it that these new macs will be bundled with the mac two button mouse. Word on the street is that the 2 button mouse will have one of those new fangled wheel thingies between the buttons. Apple is so inovative :D

OMG PCz ARE SO:

pwned-facekick.jpg

!!!!!!11!!1!!1oneoneone!!!11E!!!!one!!!

saintrobyn said:
768MB would be possible in a dual channel configuration.

2 x 128MB
2 x 256 MB

Also, rumor has it that these new macs will be bundled with the mac two button mouse. Word on the street is that the 2 button mouse will have one of those new fangled wheel thingies between the buttons. Apple is so inovative :D

the second button on your mouse is why your windows interface is complete shit.

have a nice day :)

Garage81 said:
the second button on your mouse is why your windows interface is complete shit.

have a nice day :)

I guess you are right. It is way easier to have to hold down Ctrl + Click instead of right clicking or Highlighting something and then Ctrl + C in order to copy something instead of the trusty right click. ;) Hell, I own a Mac and I refuse to use a one button mouse.

Why not one up the competition and make a THREE button mouse.. and call it as their own?

man oh man ingenious *cough* :)

synergyo1 said:
Why not one up the competition and make a THREE button mouse.. and call it as their own?

man oh man ingenious *cough* :)

THREE BUTTONS!!! now you are just being silly.

well he was sort of right...speed bump and dual layer DVD but the rest is just esr being esr

Well, if he'd have posted this YESTERDAY at 9:00'ish PM, i'd say he was close. Posting this 12 hours AFTER the official release, and I'd say he's gone off his ritalin....

Way to break a news story. NOT. :rolleyes:

lol, he of course isn't me, a friend ganked my lappy while i was dealing with a fire alarm (hence the lacking of the requisite '-esr' sig and his otherwise trite and often times perverse inclinations). what i find most amusing is how a truly random and faux thread resorted to a mac-pc bitchfest when the subject was exhausted. I've been aware of the G5's since everyone else has, lol.

-esr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back