braiding of power connector

Smititty

[H]ard|Gawd
i dunno if anyone else has done this but i am extremely bored after writing a paper for my english class and decided to play around. i recently bought a molex pin extractor at the ratshack for 7 bux and i would say it was a good buy.....so i braided an extension cable i had laying around........if u don't sleeve your cables (which i plan on doing soon) i think doing this to all the power cables in your computer would look decent........maybe i just need some sleep? and yes......the cable is stiff enough tho stand straight up as seen in the first pic.....sorry bout the crap pics.

Braid1.jpg

Braid2.jpg

Braid3.jpg

I remember seeing some one else do that, but can't think of who.

I think it looks kinda cool, but I am not about to braid all mine, looks like mucho amounts of work.

But it is :cool:

I was in the process of braiding all my wires about 6 months ago. The reason I stopped is because I broke a molex pin by trying to get it into the connector from a really tight position. Good times.

Anyone have a link to a 4 wire braid pattern? hmm, maybe square braid it, but that would really cut into length.

I've done some braiding with a five-wire cable. It should be easy to adapt to a four-wire pattern.

wirebraid.gif

And so on... It should be pretty easy to see how it works from there. It's more of a weave than a braid. I warn you: it takes significantly more time to braid more than three wires.

well i did it by crossing the middle 2 wires first. right under left. then pulled the 2 outside wires over those and crossed them right under left........continued until done......second time i did it, it took me about a minute to do a 1 foot length or so.......hope to see this more often.

100TH POST!

Hahha almost the same thing ahppened to me. Was working on a crappy autobiography for english and I had a molex connector+wires on it (They are cut at one end though) and twisted them. Not as cool as braiding of course..But it just made me laught to know that someone else did almost the same thing. Oy praise for nerds!

There were pics on here from about a year ago of someone who did that. He did his ATX connector, too. I really liked the look, but didn't do it because I didn't want to copy him. I think maybe now I'll do it.

Originally posted by Smititty
well i did it by crossing the middle 2 wires first. right under left. then pulled the 2 outside wires over those and crossed them right under left........continued until done......second time i did it, it took me about a minute to do a 1 foot length or so.......hope to see this more often.

100TH POST!

LOL I remeber when i use to get proud of my post count.

2771 BTW ;)

Back