Bought an LG W2442PA, won't stay on

ZGangsta

n00b
I just received my LG W2442PA from ++++ and hooked it up.
The thing keeps cutting to black after a few seconds. I turn it on and it displays fine (though there's a low level hiss sound) and then after a few seconds it just blanks out. The power light stays on (and stays blue, so it's not going into standby). If I turn off the monitor and turn it on again it displays but then goes blank again after a few seconds, and repeat..

If put some light on the screen I can see that the display is still on (I can very faintly see windows and stuff and move them around), so it must be that the backlight is shutting off?

I've got a GeForce 8800GTS as my video card. I'm running Vista and I have the resolution set at 1920x1080

Does anyone have any ideas? This happens whether I'm in Windows, or booting up, or in BIOS, so I doubt it's a software thing, but I upgraded the drivers for my video card and the monitor anyways.
Might this be a faulty unit (hope not)?

Appreciate any help. Thanks

I have the same monitor, and exactly the same problem.

It's only about 6 weeks old. It's not a video card or driver issue. I've disconnected it, left it unplugged for hous and it does the same thing. I'm using an old montior at the moment and it works just fine. The LG monitor wont stay 'lit up' for more than 2 seconds, power light is blue etc.

Taking mine back to where I bought it as soon as I can.

Back