Borderless Video Player (Windows)

Stormlifter

2[H]4U
I'm currently using VLC, but I was wondering if there was a way to make VLC borderless or if there was another good media program that has no borders, just displays the video and I can access the controls by hotkeys or hovering over a part of the screen.

This would be awesome!

Once again, MPC to the rescue:

mpcbu0.png

That's Media Player Classic with no Caption&Menu bar, no Seek bar, no Controls bar, and no Status bar which normally looks like this:

mpcfullnm5.png

That should be precisely what you asked for... right? :) And yes, it has extensive hotkey controls embedded as well:

mpchotkeyshf6.png

Thanks champ, it's really close. Wish it didn't even have the little 3-4px border :) but that's closer.

Thats what I use and do for my videos. Still wish it had no border, but then I watch most things full screen so it doesn't matter.

I seem to remember BS Player having a borderless playback option. Check that out.

Just grabbed the latest BSPlayer Free, 2.30 and I've been attempting to get it truly borderless but it ain't happening. It does have a mode called Desktop Overlay (Shift+A) which turns the actual video window into an Always-on-top static borderless window, sure, but it won't move since it's overlay, you can't click on it, and I find it basically useless. :)

You can hide the main window (minimizes to the Tray) but, the only downside to the borderless Overlay mode is it's not a 'window' but a section of the video display that's impossible to do much of anything with to any useful degree.

Bleh...

This thread is a bit old, but I came upon it while trying to find if there was a borderless mod of media player classic, since that's the player I want to use, and I was also looking for a borderless image viewer aswell(found one but it's very basic - vjpeg it's called)

Anyways, back to the topic, if you want just any player just with no borders

Check out, Sasami2k
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/sasami_player.html

It has no borders

sasami2k.jpg

Once you move the cursor away, the menus and titlebar disappear.

Otherwise, if you like me want to use media player classic specifically, you can get an application called "Actual Window Manager" and that can remove borders on any application, and do lots of other things aswell, the only problem is that it costs too much.

Back